Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best steak house? Manny chop house or yachtsmans

Post Thanks / Like
    we've heard that the yachstmans steakhouse is the best place to go but there's a guide book saying that mannys chop house is a lot better?

anyone know which is nicer? thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    We've not been to Yachtman's but go to manny's often as it's not far from our home.

Great value, especially if you have children ( who eat free Monday's & Tuesdays) and go early bird too.

Here's the website:-

Manny's Original Chophouse

They give you salad and warm cinnamon rolls while you wait for your order, they are divine

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Manny's is very nice.

Yachtsmans is very nice too. They are a bit hard to compare, but I would have to say that YSH might have the better quality beef? That is NOT to say, Manny's isn't nice.

There are several decent (very decent!) steakhouses in the area. High end are Mortons, Ruth's Chris, YSH, and Charley's. Mid range are Manny's and SOME Longhorn's. Longhorn offers a filet mignon for under $25! The catch is, they are a chain and some are lousy where others are quite acceptable.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Is Manny's kid friendly?

Post Thanks / Like
    pssst. throwing in my recommendation for Charleys I found it better than mortons, ruths chris etc.

YSH is a bit different since it's on property so convenient for us and certainly very good indeed.

Shulas is good too as long as you don't mind eating in near total darkness

HOWEVER, all told, given my choice of anywhere for a really great steak, Charleys every time.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 186069
    Is Manny's kid friendly?

Yes - Manny's is very Kid Friendly

They eat free Monday and Tuesday evenings too so can be a real bargain meal.

Check out the website I have put in above

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, our Keith is a Charley's fan, and that's ok!

If you go to the original Charley's on OBT ON your birthday, you get a free steak dinner.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 186076
    Yep, our Keith is a Charley's fan, and that's ok!

If you go to the original Charley's on OBT ON your birthday, you get a free steak dinner.
    I so am totally taken I had such high hopes for Mortons but in Orlando, it was a very clinical, mediocre experience.

Ruth's chris was better and the staff were much nicer but it was again one huge dining room and I preferred the nooks and booths of Charleys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I will say that. The atmosphere at Charley's is very intimate. I'm not saying I don't like it there, mind!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 186079
    Yes, I will say that. The atmosphere at Charley's is very intimate. I'm not saying I don't like it there, mind!
    have you been to Mortons there? did I just go on an off night? or are they always totally empty with staff standing around looking annoyed that someone dared to come in to eat ?

Every other report I hear about Mortons in other parts of the states indicates they're superb. I remember seeing Josh in the West Wing looking out of the window of what looked like a steakhouse with great atmosphere in Washington, turned out to be Mortons. Ok, that's hardly reliable but STILL, the Orlando one just seems incredibly poor v the expectations I had?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast