Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Apple event Jan 27th

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm , not sure I would have one over a macbook TBH, pretty sure the functionality of the laptop will be far greater , I'm sure the pad will fill a niche inbetween

Post Thanks / Like
    It'd be a cheaper alternative when I don't really want the macbook for graphics etc anyway, just college work and internet browsing

Look what I found;
    Adobe Flash Platform Blog

Miaooowwww
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 188256
    hmm , not sure I would have one over a macbook TBH, pretty sure the functionality of the laptop will be far greater , I'm sure the pad will fill a niche inbetween
    Absolutely agree! At least at this point in time.

One of the more interesting things to come out of this announcement however (at least to me), is the Apple A4 chipset. This puts the CPU and GPU of the machine directly under Apple's control. Currently of course, this is only significant for low power devices like the iPad and the iPhone. However, it "could" make their future so bright, they'd have to wear shades!

At that point, who knows!

Tom (... makes for interesting speculation!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom I only ever understand 47% of what you say but I trust you utterly. The more I see it the more I desire it, but then I am a total Apple convert now - only realised last night you could just drag a file or picture of the net and drop it into an email or document without having to save it to 'my documents'

I'm not sure how easy it will be to do wordprocessing and photo enhancements on an iPad - any idea???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 188260
    I'm not sure how easy it will be to do wordprocessing and photo enhancements on an iPad - any idea???
    I'll let you know after I get my hands on one!

Tom (... who thinks that 47% is a pretty good number!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think its a replacement for those sorts of devices, it would just be a very convinient (and cheap) alternative to a full laptop if i'm only going to use a portion of the laptops functionality. I'll probably go with the macbook anyways
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought you might Tom, it wasn't a random number

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's another rather interesting take on the whole thing by a current Mac/iPhone developer. Can't say I disagree with him!

Future Shock - Toffler anyone?

Tom (... I think I like the way this guy thinks!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Too true To be completely fair, when it was released I was like NO NO NO NO NO (Keith can vouch for that.. I think he wanted to disown me), then as I read more about it/understood it fully, I realised it's a VERY good device, it does exactly what it's set out to do, nothing more, nothing less.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Even without the extras it will change the way we surf , being able to hand it around will be excellent

Maybe someone can help the one thing I get frustrated with on the iPhone when I am typing in an address bar etc is the lack of arrows to move the cursor forwards and backwards in the script, often pinger pressing to move it doesn't put it where I want and as far as I can tell there is no way to scrolll to the end of an address that is too long for the bar

that probably made no sense

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast