Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Space Center

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone done the Lunch with an Astronaut thing and would it be ok for a space mad 7 year old?

Walking to school this morning I told Steven about KSC and that we would visit in August and his head just about exploded with excitement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 186662
    Has anyone done the Lunch with an Astronaut thing and would it be ok for a space mad 7 year old?

Walking to school this morning I told Steven about KSC and that we would visit in August and his head just about exploded with excitement.
    I think Slowhand may have done a few :/ Im sure he'll say.

I've done the lunch and the dinner with an Astronaut and in two minds really. On the one hand, it was somewhat interesting and a bit of "an event" on the other hand, everyone was a bit shy and not much was found out. In fact, earlier in the day there had been a free walk up and ask an astronaut a question thing which I think happens each day. There was a lot more asked then than at the lunch/dinner.

Having said that, I love the whole place so I find it hard to really be critical of any of it.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t actually do the "Lunch with an Astronaut" thing per se, however I did have lunch with an astronaut [Jerry Carr of Skylab-4] as part of the Astronaut Training Experience that I did in 2005.

Post Thanks / Like
    We didn't but there was an astronaut signing books in the shop and another giving talks and walking around so there was plenty. Of chances to 'meet ' one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think (sdaw it on telly) there is a paly area for kids and you can do all sorts, even *float*, but I thinbk it costs. Anyway he will have a ball. Set aside the whole day for this... I also seem to remember that you can also go back the next day for free?

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually think we're all looking forward to the gift shop more than anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMNGPD! Take loads of cash then... it's awsome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 186926
    I actually think we're all looking forward to the gift shop more than anything.
    The gift shop truly is mega awesome
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We had lunch with an astronaut Dawn, and had a fantastic time. Our Astronaut Charlie Walker was so funny and entertaining. It's still the kids favorite DVD from all our holidays to watch back, My hubby taped the whole thing lol. Liam was one of the lucky kids picked to ask him a question, ecstatic doesn't even come close to how he felt. Heeheehee. At the end when you go and have your photo taken with him, he still took time to answer all the questions the boys were throwing at him. The food was good too. It's one of those things we are scared to do again in case it's not as good lol.

Remember though my 2 boys and their Dad are science geeks so the whole day was amazing for them. We were also lucky to see the space shuttle on the launch pad.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    We did this on our first trip - and though I'm not sorry we did it, it was a big chunk out of our day.

I think you can get almost as much enjoyment out of just chatting to the astronauts at the free walk-up.

We will go back again someday and just do the free walk-up.
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast