Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Space Center

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked about the Russians and the pencil, if it was true and it was lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 186983
    I asked about the Russians and the pencil, if it was true and it was lol.

Hmmmm, hadn't considered the time factor. Might rethink that one. More time at lunch = less time in gift shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    It isn't true about the pencil - urban myth - the bits from a fractured tip would float around and get intp places it shouldn't

I would go in at opening and head straight for the buses as everyone else mills around and have lunch under the Saturn V :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a reminder that the space shuttle program is ending soon, and that will most likely decrease the number of astronauts at the Space Center. :(

Not sure what NASA has in mind to replace the shuttle program as I don't pay as much attention to it as I once did. I know the entire geographic area is in a bit of a panic, because the shuttle program represents many jobs, and with its ending, so does the employment.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG NO! An astronaut lied to me :( Sooooooooooooooooooooo if they can lie then they can lie about landing ON the moon too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahem.... They have now taken photos of all the landing sites to help dispell that old chestnut once and for all.

Constellation is just as manned as the shuttles and will take over directly from the shuttles. Something needs to serve the ISS now it has finally been finished!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dangles bait and hooks a Skywatcher lol ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not as clear for the employment picture though, Doc. At least that's local chatter (an acquaintance has a spouse who works for the shuttle program; an engineer).

Hellllllllly... you be sweet now!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    hook line and sinker

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 186991
    I would go in at opening and head straight for the buses as everyone else mills around and have lunch under the Saturn V :D
    This is the best piece of advice ever

On our first visit at the height of summer, we discovered this the hard way and went round KSC the way they almost suggest it's done. Do the imax, the shops etc. and got to the buses about 2pm. HUGE Mistake. We waited in the longest queue ever for I guess an hour and a half to two hours. I've never been more bored, more hot, more thirsty and more fed up.

Luckily it's worth it when you get there but still yes, go get the bus first
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast