Thread: Legoland is coming to Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    It'll be at where Cypress Gardens is/was. At this rate we'll never make it to all the parks in a fortnight!

Post Thanks / Like
    Really? That's interesting Claire!

Huh. Cypress Gardens... used to be "THE" place to go in Florida. I remember being a little kid and watching water skiing demonstrations from "beautiful Cypress Gardens, Florida!" Couldn't wait to go there. Didn't get there until I was an adult.

And now it's gone...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 186787
    Couldn't wait to go there....
    Me neither...especially to see those Southern Belles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Legoland is actually my favourite theme park over here for it's cleanliness, friendliness etc, it would be interesting to see how the US ones are. Not sure I would spend a day out of my holiday though when I have one 10 minutes away!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 186790
    Legoland is actually my favourite theme park over here for it's cleanliness, friendliness etc,

well that's an interesting thing!

When we had Annual Passes a couple of years ago we visited many times and i noticed each time that the park was getting dirtier and dirtier, and the attitude of some of the staff was just plain rude.

By the time we had spent almost 3 hours sitting in the car park waiting to leave the fireworks display the year before last i swore i'd had enough of the place and wouldn't be renewing my AP next time. We haven't visited since!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 186792
    well that's an interesting thing!

When we had Annual Passes a couple of years ago we visited many times and i noticed each time that the park was getting dirtier and dirtier, and the attitude of some of the staff was just plain rude.

By the time we had spent almost 3 hours sitting in the car park waiting to leave the fireworks display the year before last i swore i'd had enough of the place and wouldn't be renewing my AP next time. We haven't visited since!
    Well we haven't been for two years, I'm comparing to most of the other excuses for theme parks in this country though not US parks - all they are interested in this country is building big rides - doesn't matter if they just look like a mass of twisted metal!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 186794
    Well we haven't been for two years, I'm comparing to most of the other excuses for theme parks in this country though not US parks - all they are interested in this country is building big rides - doesn't matter if they just look like a mass of twisted metal!

we visited a quite bizarre theme park in Spain (Terra Mitica) - it was great actually, just some of the rides were a bit odd. The place was *spotless* I have never seen a Theme Park that clean before.

They had the mists for cooling down and the vending machines contained soft drinks alongside banks of machines containing ice cold water. There were like a couple of soft drinks machines next to maybe four holding the water. I was well impressed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 186787
    I remember being a little kid and watching water skiing demonstrations from "beautiful Cypress Gardens, Florida!"
    Me too! My family and I used to go over there occasionally during the late 50's and 60's.

Ah, nostalgia!

If you're interested in the "old" Florida (pre Disney), here's a rather interesting web site!

Florida's Lost Tourist Attractions

Sadly, I remember many of them (especially Webb City)!

Tom (... yes, he really is THAT old!)