Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's August like?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not a waste if it saves the rest of your day and holiday overall, eh Brit? :)

For someone who has never experienced the extreme humidity of Florida, it will literally ring you out like a wet dish cloth. It saps energy, effects appetite, and can lead to dehydration if you are not alert to the need for additional non alcoholic, and non caffienated drinks.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c-D9SPn1M0Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c-D9SPn1M0Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Post Thanks / Like
    Because of school holiday we always have to go in August and yes it's very hot & humid.

I take my hair straighteners but really it's a waste of time as it's frizzy as soon as you step outside!!

Far better to take a band and have a ponytail

We rarely eat in Disney restaurants and never have a problem getting a seat when we go out to dinner offsite.

Always carry water with you where ever you go

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Sandra what are the queues like?

Post Thanks / Like
    A good thing about those afternoon storms is thats usually leads to a lot of people leaving which makes it a good time to head for the big rides. After reading a few posts here it would make me avoid going in August but I have been there during July and August 15 times and although it is hot it is bearable. You will sweat and you will need to drink a lot of water and to pop into the store for some A/C and like I said before you will definitely appreciate the pool.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually make an ADR for late afternoon to avoid the hottest part of the day and the afternoon storm.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    August makes your hair go funny lol.

Hit the parks early then head back to the pool for a while and and up to the room for a wee siesta,then hit the parks again at night time.

The water parks are the most dangerous areas to be in August I feel. Not all the lines have shade and they often have long wait times. Sometimes it's easy to forget just how hot and strong the sun is while you are playing in the water. Even if you have good quality sun cream on there is always the danger of heat stroke.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 187053
    We usually make an ADR for late afternoon to avoid the hottest part of the day and the afternoon storm.
    Oooh! I like this idea.

Do you know What time lunch would end and dinner start for most places?

Thanks xx

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been there the end of August and will be there this year for the pin event . It is very hot & humid with the occasion refreshing thunderstorm . Some times on only one side of the street, only at Disney . Crowds are light as well as quenues . Floridian children are back in school . Weekends are busier ! Do make your ADR's as others mentioned, free dining is offered and restaurants get booked fast .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 187036
    Sandra what are the queues like?
    Queues are not too bad as the US children have gone back to school. We went for the whole of August last year and didn't do a single park

Early Sept is even better as you get the lovely weather and UK children have then gone back to school so everywhere is pretty quiet and you don't have to queue.

For us Florida isn't about Disney ( we did that for the first few years ) it's a chance to relax and enjoy some sunshine and quality time to relax as a family.

Oh yes also it means I get time off from cooking everyday as it's so reasonable to eat out in the US. I always end up putting on a few pounds

I can't wait and our trip is the thing that keeps me going all year. I absolutely love our villa and would love to get there more often but flights are expensive so it's just the once a year which is very hard for me But we are blessed and I don't forget that.

Sandra
    Sandra

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast