Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: loosing momentum

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone actually managed an enquiry or booking from here as non of the threads seem that interested in booking villas Are we too far down the list what do you think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TIGGERS VILLA
    WWW.FLORIDAGOLFVACATIONVILLA.COM
    BILL AND BARBARA WELCOME YOU
    01709 881502

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Malcolm may have picked up a booking.

It's not a huge outlay cashwise to advertise and the people are really friendly and very supportive of each other.

I think most stay on site to be honest.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have to be honest and open and say that I think our initial base of users has been largely a stay on site crowd... with a huge caveat SO FAR attached to the end.

However we've very young still and we're picking up a lot of new users each day many of whom are readers at the moment but I can tell from the profile information that they are increasingly more diverse than the base that we started with.

All a fancy way of saying that I think that the userbase is subtly changing and the more you're out there, the more your advert will be seen. You'll also be known as founder members which will give you the edge in one of the most important factors in choosing a villa rental, trust and credibility.

Hopefully the ad buy is small enough to be paid for with the first rent but I'm open to hearing about ways we could help you more and/or things that have/are working for you on other sites.

You mention down the list, if you mean google, we're doing really well if you mean too far down the list of forum groups that's an interesting point and one we could look into
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure if this helps a bit at all, but simply knowing that there are options out there (the villa owners who are here) makes a difference to me.

I can (and do) remind people who are coming here for a visit, that if they want offsite, there are reputable villa owners available.

I know that one of our Mods works with a villa owner here.

Growth is a slow and steady pace, quite often.

Not sure what the down on the list means, though.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi... I have a booking for three weeks over this xmas/new year from a member on here plus a few enquiries. Its tuff out there for us owners and we are upto 23 weeks booked this year and its been hard getting them. I have been on sites that ask a three fuigure enrolment fee and have had nothing from them except timewasters so dont wast money there anymore...such is life.!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think there's anything else we could do here to help Malcolm? I know you've got loads of experience with sites and villas?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know Mick books a villa but I think he usually uses Malcolm's as they have a past relationship ( I think that's right :-)

I advertise on 2 forum and on the other it's just loads of people after cheap deals - that's not the market I want. I want people who will pay a fair price for a lovely home who have gotten to know me and know I will do all I can to ensure their stay is just wonderful ( this means that hopefully they will want to visit again and also refer us to their friends.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 187282
    I want people who will pay a fair price for a lovely home who have gotten to know me and know I will do all I can to ensure their stay is just wonderful ( this means that hopefully they will want to visit again and also refer us to their friends.
    that makes sense.

I've had a lot of cheapy villa deal companies wanting to buy up the ad space recently. They've been after the top banner and asked could they get the side columns (which we dont yet have) as well!

Luckily Malcolm had already warned me about them so I knew not to take them on

Post Thanks / Like
    I would hope that establishing (even an internet) relationship with a renter, would result in better care of one's home too?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest Keith you have provided us owners with an exceptional owners area and i cant see anywhere at the moment to improve the service you provide.
    I do understand that this is a business and personnel venture for you and you have been sucessfull in keeping the rif-raf out and weighed up the pros and cons of generating revenue for your hard work on this forum and keeping businesses out that may "hijack" this forum.

I have had the pleasure of Mick staying in our villa but sadly was unable to assist with his stay this year.

I would say that enquires i have had from this forum have been very good and that in these times people want to get away but are on a tighter budget than prehaps a year or so ago but as with other owners i have to keep a realistic price range and cant go below the basic running costs, i have once taken a gamble and let someone have the villa at cost and it did result in 3 parties booking villa at full asking price( i knew the person had a big gob so it paid off)

There is always an owner who will come up with an idea that Keith can reveiew and add to the system and to date it has created a great forum that is improving all the time and the membership numbers show this.

Bookings or not i am proud to participate in the forums imput and to see all the other owners take an active part and none on here sit on there backside and not contribute as happens on other forums.

Hope i put no noses out speaking my mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast