Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: APRIL IN ORLANDO QUESTIONS

Post Thanks / Like
    If they are celebrating Mardi Gras at that time then they are WAY out of cycle. Mardi Gras is the official ending of the pre-Lenten period that leads up to Easter. It is traditionally the last fling. The day following Mardi Gras in the Catholic Church anyway is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. Lent of course ends on Easter Sunday. There certainly should NOT be any bacchanalian celebrations going on during this time.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    John, Universal has a Mardis Gras Celebration that extends for many weeks. It's one of their special events (but not requiring a special ticket).

It has little to do with the Christian underpinnings and everything to do with the party associated with the one day of Mardis Gras.

Anyone who is offended by the celebration surely wouldn't be attending it.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tracey hun lovely to see you, we`ve been April twice and i much preferred it to the summer months as Tink says not too much humidity and a little quieter keep us posted
    Jacqui xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2830, post: 187348
    im not paying the silly prices they want for easter holidays
    i know its carazy but i can go out of school hols :(
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12