Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got back from another wonderful Disney Cruise - also a couple question

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 187385
    Please tell Brent that he still owes me that DCL belt buckle I kept bugging him about!
    Yes, I remember that Tom.
    It`s a pity that he won`t be on our next cruise, however Tim Moss will actually be celebrating his birthday when we are on board so that`s definately an excuse for some pre dinner drinks on at least one night!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 187390
    pre dinner drinks on at least one night!
    Only one? Hmmm... are we slipping?

Tom (... I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 187379
    Glad to read that you enjoyed your DCL cruise DF, your comments echo those that I have heard from numerous fellow cruisers.
    The crew members do go out of their way to make sure that you have a good time don`t they?
    I don`t know about an official site to post your comments, but an email to DCL would not go amiss.
    Again, I doubt whether there is a "Facebook Crew Member " site. I do keep in touch with Brent [Cruise Director] and Tim Moss [the pianist from the Sessions Lounge] via email, although this is because we exchanged email addresses when we became friends with them.
    I am certainly going to use catranchers link to send additional comments.

Slowhand, can I ask a favor of you? Next time you send Brent a line can you ask him about this? If there is not such a thing can I send a message to Brent through you about his wonderful cruise staff members that I had mentioned? If I remember hearing correctly, I think these particular cruise staff report directly to him.

I have seriously never had sooo much fun playing bingo or have felt so connected to cast members/cruise staff before. It was truely like they were part of the family for the week.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, we sat in Sessions a couple nights for after dinner drinks and Tim was a great pianist. He also played the keyboard for the Cruise Staff skit on the last night.

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 187398
    BTW, we sat in Sessions a couple nights for after dinner drinks and Tim was a great pianist. He also played the keyboard for the Cruise Staff skit on the last night.
    Yep he is a very good pianist isn`t he?
    We got to know him a while back when I started the applause after he played a number from Phantom of the Opera which is my favourite musical.
    After that, as soon as my DW and I entered Sessions he would immediately stop playing his number and break straight into the opening bars of "Phantom"...what an entrance that made!

If you want to send me your comments via a PM about the crew members, I will make sure that they get to Brent.
    I`d rather not divulge his email address at this stage, I`m sure you understand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 187403
    If you want to send me your comments vai a PM about the crew members, I will make sure that they get to Brent.
    I`d rather not divulge his email address at this stage, I`m sure you understand.
    I completely understand. That's why I mentioned sending the message through you.

I'll put something together in the next couple of days and send to you via PM. I'll add my e-mail address as well if Brent or the other Staff would like to repond back.

Since these particular crew members were so personal with us I just thought it would be nice to send them a personal message to return the favor.

Thanks Slowhand!

Upcoming Vacations:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 187384
    Sounds like a rip-roaring time!! I can almost feel your excitement through the screen!! Can't wait to hear all the details! Have you ever cruised another line, DF? If so, I'd love some insight as to how the DCL measures up.

Welcome back!
    Sorry I missed this Becca. We have done 3 cruises and all have been with Disney. This was our first one in 5 years. The other two were a 4-night on the Wonder in 02/2002 and the 7-night western caribbean in 11/2004. We have never cruised with another carrier.

Now that we live in Florida we are certainly going to start taking advantage of last minute cruise deals so I am hopeful sometime later this year we will cruise again with another to see if it matches up. If the right deal comes up though for Disney we won't pass it up.

Upcoming Vacations:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12