Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problem with google chrome

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't get into the forum on google chrome, i put my username and password in and it says logging you in britchick and then when it gets to th next screen i'm not logged in! It's fine with other forums/facebook etc.

Is there anything i can do as my IE keeps crashing so don't want to use that (not new desktop in case you were worried!)?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I know chrome works because I've tried it here but I'd still recommend firefox over chrome Mozilla | Firefox web browser & Thunderbird email client

If you want to try and fix chrome, it'll be a cookie setting

you get to those by clicking the little wrench symbol - options - under the bonnet - cookie settings

you could remove all, remove just the cookies for wdisneysecrets, exit and go back in
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    What version of IE are you using Julie? If you aren't on IE 8 you might want to upgrade. Personally though, as Keith says, get Firefox.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if it's the same problem Jules, but when I'm on the mac in "Safari" I have the same (maybe) issue. What I have actually found is although it brings me back to the log in screen...if I click one of the options in the blue bars (abbreviations, members list, etc) it'll bring me up to speed and then I click into "new posts." Turns out I'm actually logged in, but Safari can't seem to get me to the right screen.

Not sure if that makes ANY sense at all

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks will have a fiddle- funny thing is i used google chrome on the other laptop for ages and it worked just fine

Post Thanks / Like
    Becca- you're a genius! the page showed chat forum as 'private' but when i clicked on it i could see the posts! weird

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, nah, if I were a GENIUS, I'd be able to figure out why the heck it DOES IT!! LOL!

Glad I could help a *little* though...very odd, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Google claimed that Google Chrome will be a very light weight and fast web browser. But once I started using it I found it exactly opposite. For first few minutes it would run fine, but after that it will start using huge memory. The CPU usage will jump to 100%. I think the problem is that they are using very large memory cache. They need to handle that well. I even posted this problem at some Google help group and some Google employee answered that you just need to clear the cache and browsing history :) I told him that you guys need to improve your browser so that this problem doesn’t occur at the first place. Second major issue with Google Chrome is if you just have opened Chrome and then left your laptop or computer idle for say 1 or 2 hours and then come back, then bang, whole computer has hanged up. You won’t be able to move the mouse. And only restarting the system would help. I think there are some memory leaks with Google chrome that need to be fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have terrible problems with Firefox. I plug along with Safari...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i had this problem, when it says what it says i just clicked on any thread and it showed me as logged in, then it just corrected itself :)
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast