Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Gettin' Thin in 2010! (& healthy too!)

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    709
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good job becca & tink! sounds like you all kept your focus. I'm STILL having a hard time! Geesh, when will this get any easier. The only good thing I can say is I have been exercising. Did the treadmill Mon. & Tues. & met a friend & walked over 2 miles today. May not sound like much but is a big leap from what I would have been able to do a short month ago. I'm not eating bad food but still having a hard time limiting the snacking (& even good snacks add up if you have too many).

    Hope...how are you doing? When is your surgery?
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

  2. #62
    Moderator Beccaberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milford, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    13,961
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder, post: 188957
    May not sound like much but is a big leap from what I would have been able to do a short month ago.
    Don't make me you again! It sounds like a great change. Just as the bad behaviors add up over time, so do the good ones :)

    So then, let's talk about those small changes? What foods do you keep around? What minor adjustments in your day to day life have you made?

    One of the small things I've done is taking the train to work. My girlfriend picks me up at the station in the morning and then in the afternoons, I walk. It's about 1.5 miles and though it's not far, it's a great 20-25 minute workout. It allows me to blow off a little of the "bad energy" from whatever is frustrating me at work (there's ALWAYS something) AND I don't have to fight the traffic on the way home. Bonus: I save over $200/month in fuel costs!




  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Romford, Essex
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    $200 a month plus getting fit - win, win situation

    Well done

    Sandra
    Sandra




  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Becca trip report!!, are you going to Disney in 8 days?

  5. #65
    Moderator Beccaberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milford, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    13,961
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh, Tinkfan!! Sadly no (well not sadly I am very excited about our trip; but you know me, I'd *always* rather be in Disney!) We are going to Memphis! Via Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and loads of fun stops along the way! I'll be sure and post a quick trip report as well as some MOTM photos!




  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 188981
    Ahhh, Tinkfan!! Sadly no (well not sadly I am very excited about our trip; but you know me, I'd *always* rather be in Disney!) We are going to Memphis! Via Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and loads of fun stops along the way! I'll be sure and post a quick trip report as well as some MOTM photos!
    Ahh, sounds wonderful, safe travels!!!

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    709
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 188965
    Don't make me you again! It sounds like a great change. Just as the bad behaviors add up over time, so do the good ones :)

    So then, let's talk about those small changes? What foods do you keep around? What minor adjustments in your day to day life have you made?

    One of the small things I've done is taking the train to work. My girlfriend picks me up at the station in the morning and then in the afternoons, I walk. It's about 1.5 miles and though it's not far, it's a great 20-25 minute workout. It allows me to blow off a little of the "bad energy" from whatever is frustrating me at work (there's ALWAYS something) AND I don't have to fight the traffic on the way home. Bonus: I save over $200/month in fuel costs!
    Yeah, I need to remember to be proud of myself over even little accomplishments. I have a hard time praising myself.

    I actually had made major changes. I went from many calories a day (I bet on some days we're talking 5 or 6 thousand, no kidding) to now keeping it around 1500 or so. That's a huge change I think. I just recently, past couple weeks, went from one of the most sedate lifestyles you can imagine to trying to walk some every day.

    For snacks I keep around fruit, mainly oranges, 100 calorie snack packs, 80 calorie pudding cups, nuts (unsalted). My problem is I'm having too many of the snack packs & bites of nuts in a day.

    I had a breakover tonight. Had some trouble with my youngest due to school/tests/forgetting to tell me stuff...and I was so stressed & ended up eating way more than I should have for after dinner snacks. This week has been hard since Saturday! I'm afraid I'm about to go into total failure & I really, really don't want to. I'm not sure what snapped in my thinking because I was doing so well. Friday's weigh in is going to be brutal, I bet I put on this week
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    709
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm,....this thread seems to have died off. Pooey. I was hoping there would be enough people on here dieting to keep this going.
    Well, anyway, thanks to those who chimed in & to those still trying, KEEP IT UP! :) I know that at least for now, I am ;)
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •