Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin' Thin in 2010! (& healthy too!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok folks, here it is. I started my diet 1/1/2010 & I need all the support I can get! Maybe this can be a place, if there are enough of us involved, that we can come for some motivation & to talk about our highs & our lows.

So I guess I'll start.
    I have had a weight problem my entire life. In 2006 I actually lost almost 100 pounds. I didn't do it the right way & it didn't happened under the best of circumstances. I actually lost probably 20 pounds more than I needed to & it all came off WAY too fast. I had some big tragedies in 2007 & as usual I resorted to food for comfort & now here I am again having gained the bulk of it back. I have more aches & pains than I've ever had & I seriously worry about things like diabetes. But I'm finally feeling motivated to make a change!

The last three visits to WDW have not been good physically for me. The first two were due to health problems & the last was simply because I was fat & in the worst shape of my life. I have a WDW vacation coming up in July & I want to go feeling good & able to move. I need to lose about 50 pounds. My husband is doing this with me. So I do have some support at home.

Anyway, that's my tale. So far I have lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks. I'll take that! I hadn't exericised any until today. I did 25 minutes on the treadmill. Ok, granted, not much but a start! And I didn't come off feeling like i needed to call 911! lol

I am trying not to think of this as a temporary thing but a permenant one in which I change my lifestyle. And I am really hoping & praying that I can succeed.

Thanks for listening :)
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Given all you've been through, you will succeed.

I'm still trying to get off the last 20 pounds. I hold, put on a few, take off a few, hold... but don't lose beyond a certain point.

Guess I better actually up the exercise, and pay more attention to those, 'just this once won't hurt' moments.

I have beat diabetes (type II) and want to keep it that way. I've also dropped the HTN, and no longer need meds for that. The only thing left is the lovely thyroid.

So! We'll support one another, and do it! :9:

I drink buckets of water. At least three litres a day. (Yep, that scares Helly to death, but my doc knows and says it's just fine).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, it sounds like you've come a long way! It's great you beat diabetes. I think that's my biggest scare right now. To be honest, I'm afraid to even go to the doctor & have it checked. I have an appt. at the end of March & am hoping to have lost around 25 to 30 pounds by then (wishful thinking I know) & that maybe it won't be so bad.
    So wait, drinking a lot of water can be bad? I drink soooo much water a day, I always thought it was a good thing
    I have got to start exercising but mercy me, am I lazy! I know I will feel better once I start tho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Too much water can be a problem in certain circumstances. If you are concerned, just have your doc ok the amount you drink. Sometimes I'm upwards of six litres a day, but I always drink a minimum of 3.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for starting this thread BT!! (BTW, we're going to be passing through WV a couple of times in Feb (and even stopping once!), I'll wave as we go through!)

Where to start? Just over a year ago (this month) I looked in the mirror and quite honestly HATED the person I'd become. Seriously. To give you an idea of how much I disliked the person I saw in the mirror, I have been to Disney 10 times and there weren't more than five pictures total to show for it of me. It wasn't an overnight transformation...but it sure felt like it. Turns out, like you mentioned, I'm an emotional eater...eat when I'm happy, when I'm sad..eat to celebrate, eat to mourn. You name it, I eat it.

So I set out to make some simple changes to my lifestyle. "Move more, eat less" was my motto for six months. Jon joined me. I honestly don't think I could do this without him.

I'm now at the year mark...I've lost 4 pants sizes. FOUR HUGE PANT SIZES. And during our last trip to Disney, I posted more pictures of myself than ANYONE wanted to see!

I'm still working at it. I've got some health issues that have seriously frustrated the process for me. But I persevere. Having support helps, so this is good. This is very good.

My goal is another 2 sizes before our trip in August. Then you'll see so many pictures of me you'll beg me to stop!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I have struggled with my weight all my life...it wasn't until my hubby and I had been ttc for over a year that my dr at the time (hubby was a marine) tested me for certain things. Come to find out I had pcos. Some of the main side effects, gain weight and can't lose it That was in 05, got pregnant (finally!) shortly after with the help of meds...had a pretty good pregnancy until around 28 weeks, diagnosed with GD and shortly after wound up in the hospital on bedrest with HELLP syndrome. Delivered Tink at 33 weeks, spent 6 days in the nicu came home and she'll be 4 this april lol I lost a lot of weight during my pregnancy and tried so hard to keep going but it slowly creeped back. Found out in august 07 we were expecting again...started losing weight and was determined to eat healthy and stick to it after having the baby. Our world came shattering all around us when we went for a routine 18 weeks u/s and our son had passed away just hours before our appt. My 'healthy lifestyle' went out the window and I haven't seen it since. About 5 months after our loss a blessing was given to us, our Princess :) After a terrifying 18 weeks we we're all clear and for 2 weeks we enjoyed her pregnancy with no fears. At 20 weeks I was put on modified bedrest due to elevated bp and at 22 weeks I was back in the hospital with everyone unsure if I or our princess would make it. I had HELLP syndrome again and we still had 2 weeks before she was considered "viable". I told everyone that day I would get us "beyond viable" and shockingly I made it to 30 weeks before my liver and kidneys just about shut down completely and my platelets bottomed out on us. We spent a month and 1 day in the nicu and came home the friday before christmas 08. We dealt with many issue's with her as a preemie and then just as we cleared that my emotions took over and the last few months have been so hard dealing with Zach's passing. I have had no motivation to exercise AT ALL and I am a big time emotional eater. But I am bound and determined to get this weight off for my girls, they need their mom to be healthy and 100% and my son lives on through our small jewelry business so I need to look my best at craft shows.

Thankfully my hubby is with me on this so we will do this together. I have made myself a chart, titled 'Minniemizing for the Mouse' It helps me remember my goals and gives me a visual countdown. I can't wait to really enjoy having my picture taken with the girls and having the energy to do things! lol

So now I have 1 more surgery to get through before I can do hard workouts but for now we as a family are going to be doing our nightly walks and I will do the easy stuff on the wii fit.

Does anyone have any good recipes that are healthy and budget friendly? Maybe we could exchange recipes to help us if we get in a rut? I have a ton of crockpot recipes if anyone is interested...I don'y know if they are truely healthy but we just limit our portions.
    Hope
    mom to
    Abby (Tink)~3
    Zachary-Bryan~ grew his wings 12-5-07
    Adalyn(Princess)~1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 187676
    Thanks for starting this thread BT!! (BTW, we're going to be passing through WV a couple of times in Feb (and even stopping once!), I'll wave as we go through!)

Where to start? Just over a year ago (this month) I looked in the mirror and quite honestly HATED the person I'd become. Seriously. To give you an idea of how much I disliked the person I saw in the mirror, I have been to Disney 10 times and there weren't more than five pictures total to show for it of me. It wasn't an overnight transformation...but it sure felt like it. Turns out, like you mentioned, I'm an emotional eater...eat when I'm happy, when I'm sad..eat to celebrate, eat to mourn. You name it, I eat it.

So I set out to make some simple changes to my lifestyle. "Move more, eat less" was my motto for six months. Jon joined me. I honestly don't think I could do this without him.

I'm now at the year mark...I've lost 4 pants sizes. FOUR HUGE PANT SIZES. And during our last trip to Disney, I posted more pictures of myself than ANYONE wanted to see!

I'm still working at it. I've got some health issues that have seriously frustrated the process for me. But I persevere. Having support helps, so this is good. This is very good.

My goal is another 2 sizes before our trip in August. Then you'll see so many pictures of me you'll beg me to stop!
    well darlin you have always been beautiful, inside and out.

Are we going in August? I thought we were going in Sept?

Oh goodness, I am a bad eater. Just plain bad. I don't eat regularly by any means. I don't like to eat when I first wake up. By the time I am hungry, I am far too busy to eat. Then when I actually DO eat, I make really poor choices cause I am starving by that point

And if there is a fat gene, I've got it. My dad's side of the family is very large. Apparently on my mom's side, all of the Hatfield women were very heavy. I've got my grandma Hatfield's big ol bat wings. I'm never going to be a tiny, petite woman and that's fine. I'd just like to not be jiggly or have a double chin. Really I am so vain

Now this is something people probably don't know about me....I actually LIKE to exercise. However, if it does not get done in the am, it does not get done at all. I have a million excuses to not do it.

I swear these bad habits are some sort of way of myself not thinking I am worth doing anything for.

Well, that was a nice bit of psychoanalyzing wasn't it?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Be sure to blow the horn real loud if you go through Barboursville! And if you feel the need for a rest, then call me :)

Oh I can so relate to the no pics of me thing. Or as someone said on the other thread of posing strategically with your kids blocking you. The last three trips have had almost no pics of me & the ones there are I'm basically mortified & would never share them. To be honest, & this isn't good, I can't even look at myself in the mirror. No eye contact. I hate what I've let myself go back to. I mean, I was there! It's very hard to motivate yourself when you know you lost it once & gained it back. It's been embarrassing.

I love your "move more, eat less" motto. I may have to adopt that. To have lost 4 pant sizes & to have kept it off is something to be very proud of! You post all the pictures of yourself at WDW that you want. Because trust me, if I lose weight again, I most certainly will be!

Sorry to hear you have health issues too. I think I allowed mine to stop me for too long out of fear but what I've realized is I have so many more health issues due to my weight.

Good luck with the August goal. You can do it & Tink can lose her last 20 I'm sure! I'm feeling a little extra motivation already just talking to you & Tink

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 187691
    And if there is a fat gene, I've got it. My dad's side of the family is very large. Apparently on my mom's side, all of the Hatfield women were very heavy. I've got my grandma Hatfield's big ol bat wings. I'm never going to be a tiny, petite woman and that's fine. I'd just like to not be jiggly or have a double chin. Really I am so vain

Yup, I am with you Johnie in that I will never be a tiny woman. I just don't have the genes either. Plus, I really don't want to be skinny, I like having curves But I'm a bit TOO curvy atm.

Jiggly....double chin....yeah, they are on my checklist of things that gotta go!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast