Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pizzaria @ Epcot

Post Thanks / Like
    Where the heck are they going to put this? Are they doing away with the private Illuminations viewing point? They better get to work because when I was there a couple weeks ago, they haven't even blocked off the area yet!

Pizza lovers, rejoice. Disney World is adding a pizzeria to its Italy pavilion at Epcot.
    The 300-seat restaurant is scheduled to open this fall, according to the official Disney Parks blog. It will sport Florentine architecture, vaulted ceilings, outdoor dining and a secret weapon — water.
    “It’ll be imported from a source where the composition most resembles water used in Naples, Italy, to make the authentic Italian dough,” the blog reads.
    A name for the pizzeria has not been announced. It will be part of the Patina Restaurant Group, which also operates the Epcot’s Tutto Italia restaurant as well as outlets in New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles (including three at Anaheim’s Downtown Disney) and Las Vegas.

(Source: Orlando Sentinel)
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmmm, I don't know! Maybe in the back near Tutto Italia? They'd have to take down the statue and the water fountain though.

But, as you say, they could use the jetty area. That would be too bad.

I have to say, a pizzeria in EPCOT isn't my idea of "OH WOW!!! WHAT A UNIQUE ADDITION!" LOL.

Especially Neopolitan style.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I did read somewhere that it was going to be in the back near Tutto Italia...although I can only call my source "speculative" at best...same source also suggested it would be named "Naples 45 Ristorante e Pizzeria"

We shall see. Pizza, though? Really? I mean, I guess the best we can hope for is that it's better than Pizzafari or the Toy Story Arcade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stereotypical.

There are so many other options. Italy is a regional country, and has huge differences in food styles throughout... would have been wonderful to have something from Turin, or even the eastern seacoast.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Pizza is NOT the only thing that will be on the menu.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I did hear that John...I just don't understand why they don't *advertise* it more heavily....everything I've read so far is all about pizza.

Post Thanks / Like
    well look at the American pavillion.....tons of wonderful American food and yet they choose burgers and chicken fingers....

Good grief, I hope it's a sight better than the other pizza WDW serves.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh. The American Pavilion is such an embarrassment with respect to food.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 187857
    Ugh. The American Pavilion is such an embarrassment with respect to food.
    I'll second that opinion. All the wonderful food we have here in the US and they choose that to serve.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    now if they can replicate the pizza i had in Venice..............sigh!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast