Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garden fence advice

Post Thanks / Like
    As some of you may know we moved just before xmas to a house, well we have been working very hard to get the garden ready for reseeding in the spring as we had to remove all the old grass as the garden was in a right mess.
    Well we were hoping the council would replace the missing fence between the two gardens but I was told that wasn't going to happen so now I am left to sort it out.
    Well I have had a good look round and am not sure what is a good fence panel and of any good places to buy and deliver. we need to fence an area of 31.4 feet.
    Any advice would be really great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I'll be watching this one. We have a tiny lawn in the back (the houses in our area are close with deep narrow lots) but the house next door is rented to some pretty obnoxious people.

I told Herself that I want a fence. She's resisting!

I think (for here in the humidity and land of the termites) I'd want either a solid panel, six foot fence, or a shadow panel at least, made of white resin like material so that it would resist the weather, and not need painting...

I have NO idea what that would cost, but for one side we'd need about forty feet.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We've bought fence panels from Wickes to replace fallen ones and the new ones have survived fierce winds. In fact during one storm a post snapped but the panels stayed intact.

Post Thanks / Like
    i got these from wickes, id also get concrete posts and gravel boards so the bottom of the panels arent in the earth and wrot quicker...all from wickes
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 188227
    Oh, I'll be watching this one. We have a tiny lawn in the back (the houses in our area are close with deep narrow lots) but the house next door is rented to some pretty obnoxious people.

I told Herself that I want a fence. She's resisting!

I think (for here in the humidity and land of the termites) I'd want either a solid panel, six foot fence, or a shadow panel at least, made of white resin like material so that it would resist the weather, and not need painting...

I have NO idea what that would cost, but for one side we'd need about forty feet.
    The vinyl fence is very popular around here (for obvious reasons) and I can tell you that it is VERY expensive!! It is wonderful since it doesn't need any upkeep and will last, in theory, forever, but it is quite the investment

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it, Shelly? :( I was hoping I wouldn't have to sell the site to get a fence...

Ohhhh, Keeeeeeeeeeiiiieeeeeeeeeth...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 188505
    i got these from wickes, id also get concrete posts and gravel boards so the bottom of the panels arent in the earth and wrot quicker...all from wickes
    We looked at these but had a problem due to wickes not delivering,
    We also need to get a large number of brickes and again wickes don't deliver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 188548
    Is it, Shelly? :( I was hoping I wouldn't have to sell the site to get a fence...

Ohhhh, Keeeeeeeeeeiiiieeeeeeeeeth...
    Sorry :( I know around here it is. Maybe in your area it would be cheaper? You don't have the weather issues that we have up here, so maybe there isn't as much demand? Worth looking into though

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 188845
    We looked at these but had a problem due to wickes not delivering,
    We also need to get a large number of brickes and again wickes don't deliver.
    what they dont deliver to you coz your too far away, coz they do deliver.

what about your local wood yard, jewsons, B&Q, Homebase etc
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Surely Wickes in Hove will deliver to you/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast