Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been there, done that, going back!

Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot stop thinking about the DC we just got back from....so.....I think last night I have convinced DW about starting to plan for our next cruise for Feb 2011!! I think we want to go back for the 7-night western caribbean for our 16th anniversary. WOOHOO!!!!

This will be our first cruise we are planning ourselves since the first three cruises we went as a group with DVC points. So if anyone has any tips for the best deals, when to book, etc....please let me know.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 188230
    when to book, etc....
    Early, early, early!!!!

You get the best rates with DCL when you book as far in advance as possible. Preferably as soon as they release the dates for the cruise you want to take. The closer to the date of your cruise you wait, the more expensive it becomes.

I haven't found any real "deals" on DCL cruises from any external vendors. Seems that DCL doesn't offer much in the way of discounts to them. Occasionally, you'll find some shipboard credit offered but that's about it. Not usually enough to offset the savings of early booking.

Tom (... I'm shopping too!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Tom`s comments.
    The only deal that I`ve managed to secure is when I`ve booked our next cruise while being on board.
    I think this worked out at something like a 10% discount along with [again, I think] a $200 on board credit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 188244
    I agree with Tom`s comments.
    The only deal that I`ve managed to secure is when I`ve booked our next cruise while being on board.
    I think this worked out at something like a 10% discount along with [again, I think] a $200 on board credit.
    Slowhand, this is exactly what Disney was offering on our cruise last week.

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom, DH and I did the seven night Western DCL in May of last year for only $499 each . Although it was an inside stateroom, but was still ideal for Jim & I . We were only in the stateroom to sleep, shower & change .
    It was a last minute cruise deal from the agency Johnie works with TMFL . I found it going through their special magical rates on my own . I couldn't believe what I was seeing, asked, confirmed and was booked . Haven't found anything below $999. this time around .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 188624
    Tom, DH and I did the seven night Western DCL in May of last year for only $499 each . Although it was an inside stateroom, but was still ideal for Jim & I . We were only in the stateroom to sleep, shower & change .
    It was a last minute cruise deal from the agency Johnie works with TMFL . I found it going through their special magical rates on my own . I couldn't believe what I was seeing, asked, confirmed and was booked . Haven't found anything below $999. this time around .
    That is an extremely good deal!

Unfortunately, we'd never be able to take advantage of one like that. My DW is so claustrophobic that we could never, ever have an inside stateroom. If she doesn't have a way to get outside, she wouldn't be able to even go in the room.

Tom (... who really doesn't mind the private verandas too much!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 188624
    Wow! I think I would faint if I found a deal like that on Disney!!!

Upcoming Vacations:

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney Freak ... I was in shock . I don't think I truly believed it until we were on the ship .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 188638
    My DH is so claustrophobic that we could never, ever have an inside stateroom.
    I assume you meant to say DW Tom....or are you hiding a secret?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 188684
    I assume you meant to say DW Tom....or are you hiding a secret?
    Oops... good catch Terry!

I'll go back and edit my post right now. Don't want anyone to get weird ideas about me! Well... any weirder than they already have!

Tom (... no... it's my wife who has the problem! Honest!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast