Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, hope you are all well. Life is very hectic at the moment. We have been inundated with social services as Beth is officially an adult now , well without sounding mean only by her date of birth due to her needs.
    I am carerless at the moment and have been since November when the carer handed her notice in 10 days before she was due to go to Florida with us, but i am over that now. The agency keep letting us down so its all down to me with some help from the family.
    Beth has started to lose her swallowing reflex and food is getting stuck which is a big worry. She is mainly fed through a tube now but still likes to have a little to eat, sadly she refuses mashed food.
    Her mate from school passed away and we all miss him a lot. His mum is being very brave. She has lots of contact still with us all which is great but must be hard on her.
    I have a nice new Nokia N97 which i am loving but still getting use to.
    We had a wonderful 3 weeks in Orlando made extra special by a group of people and one of them is a regular on here (arkvilla). They bought Beth a beautiful Disney gift basket and a stunning chamilia bracelet.

So thats our lives at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back Michelle. Sorry to hear about Beth's friend. Hope they can do something to ease her problem with swallowing.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Michelle,

I saw about Beth's friend on the other forum, so sad, it must be hard for all of you.

I love the photo of Beth you have put on my profile page and am so glad she had a special birhtday.

Mairead has just put on a thread about a photo competition so maybe you can try out your new camera

I'm useless and we just have a point & shoot and even then my hand isn't steady so I often get blurry photo's - it drives Jai mad

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Michelle it's good to see you. I'm sorry to hear about Beth's friend. Is she taking it ok?

It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate right now. do take care of yourself and stop in when you can.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you had a wonderful trip, maybe you can tell us about it! Sorry to hear the sad news, how is Beth coping with it?

Post Thanks / Like
    oh Michelle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Michelle, welcome back. It was great to see you (if only briefly) at the Delta lounge on the way back. Was a bit nervous to speak first of all but took the plunge and you were lovely

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge
    2016 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piglet, post: 189834
    Hi Michelle, welcome back. It was great to see you (if only briefly) at the Delta lounge on the way back. Was a bit nervous to speak first of all but took the plunge and you were lovely
    It was great to see you as well hun and i am glad you said hello

Thanks all. I am unsure what Beth understands about death. They all miss him in school and respite. They have all been together since they were 3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a picture of the birthday girl.

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    It's so good to hear from you Michelle. I've wondered how things were going for you, and when you weren't here to keep us updated, was pretty concerned that your life was too hectic for words.

She's a beauty, your Beth. I would give nearly anything for her hair! Happy Birthday to her! (I know it's late, but explain to her that I'm old). :D

I hope you have the time to drop in and visit with us! Would love to hear more about your holiday, as your time permits!

Take care now and know that we are always thinking of you.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast