Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best place for pizza ?

Post Thanks / Like
    my youngest son wants a proper american pizza in a porper american pizza restaurant (his words not mine) so im just asking guys for a few reccomendations, all will be greatfully recieved

thank you
    charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Charlie...

I'm really hoping you're willing to go offsite for some "proper pizza" as, IMO, it can't be found ON Disney property

As for the specifics...I know Keith is quite fond of Uno Pizzeria, and I'm sure Tink and perhaps some of our other "locals" will have some good suggestions for you!

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    WEllllll, I'm not the one to ask, really. I don't much care for any pizza here in Florida, BUT Chicago Uno has a flat bread, that is really nice. We particularly like the five grain thin crust with wild mushrooms and cheese.

I know I wouldn't like their "regular" pizza though. That deep dish stuff looks not so good.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Giordano's.....end search.

There is one on US 192 just west of the main gate.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    You drive 1100 miles north to New York City and head to John's Pizza on Bleecker street.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    YES! :9: That is THE place for REAL pizza!!!

I'm not a fan of Giordano's either. Yep. I'm so wicked fussy about pizza. We usually make our own, but haven't eaten much of it lately (diets and all that jazz).

I've heard that some folks like Flippers. Never tried it so don't know. I know there is one on Sand Lake in the Dr. Phillips area.

Hey, some folks swear by Pizza Hut! There is one near DTD on Palm Parkway.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We ate at Flippers when we visited Old Town, it was ok. I think we went back again actually so it can't have been bad or we wouldn't have.

I know there was an Italian place we were going to try but it's been years now since we were there so I can't remember where it was or what it was called, and we never got to try it anyway.........that's not much help really then is it. :tongue:

Post Thanks / Like
    Now for real pizza come to my house and we'll even get you authentic Buffalo wings from the place that they originated from!

Post Thanks / Like
    Giordanos Famous Chicago Style Pizza

I'm sorry but I don't get the facination with NY style pizza. I've given it a couple chances and just don't like it. It's soft cardboard with cheese and grease and then you fold it like a taco to eat. Maybe it's because I grew up in Chicago.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 189862
    Giordanos Famous Chicago Style Pizza

I'm sorry but I don't get the facination with NY style pizza. I've given it a couple chances and just don't like it. It's soft cardboard with cheese and grease and then you fold it like a taco to eat. Maybe it's because I grew up in Chicago.
    Wow, you must have been to some really bad places!! Just because the sign says NY Style doesn't mean it really is, just like wings! Will have to convert you! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast