Thread: busy lives and whats May like?

Post Thanks / Like
    There is just Dave and i living here and of course Lucy so you would think it would be simple to book a holiday wouldnt you but no! this year week can either be off 8th May (not confirmed by Dave's work yet) and 9th October THATS IT its only February and the only holiday time except for our cruise is 2 seperate weeks :( i thought we had found a week in April but when i went to work someone else had booked 2 days off that week so it was a non starter :(
    has anyone been to disney in may what are the weather and crowds like?
    i know about october but neither of us has been in May...................

Post Thanks / Like
    May is similar to October. Schools have started to dismiss for summer (all levels) but if you go early, you won't be in the heavier part of that.

Weather is still usually quite nice, warm...but humidity is creeping in. Again, the further you go in May the more the humidity builds.

If you can go early on, you'll most likely have a wonderful time.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been in late April/early May and thought it was just right. Weather was lovely but not too hot and humid, and the crowds werent too bad. There is also the Flower and Garden Festival at that time at EPCOT and that really is worth seeing

Post Thanks / Like
    It's crazy how busy our life gets isn't it! We usually go in spring and love it! Epcot is beautiful with all the flowers, we went the end of September/beginning of October last year. It was very warm but we had a blast. MNSSHP was great. It's a win win either time you go!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We love the begining of May!! (actually we are going for a few days this year!) Warm weather and usually not much humidity as Tink said. We don't usually find the begining of May very busy. I think it's perfect timing :)
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Jimminey and I started out going to WDW in May and found it most enjoyable . Weather is unpredictable , can be just right or down right hot .
    If you go around May 8th , that will be perfect . Quenues aren't terribly long . Plus the Flower & Garden Show is just gorgeous . Its our favorite and I'll be there in 38 days to see it .

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys never done the flower and garden festival although seen some fantastic pictures :) Dave is till waiting to hear if he can get off but i just cannot believe 2 people with no ties as such cannot get a holiday! im wanting to go earlyier rather than october to try to get of the flying fear agian strange how 1 bad flight has brought it all flooding back :(

Post Thanks / Like
    we now cant go May 8th :( dunno when we will get to go now back to the drawing board :(