Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: would you buy i pad

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys . I was thinking of treating myself. Dh does not think they are worth getting but i will be and he ain't going to be allowed to use it ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    I would bet it'll use the same charger as the iphone and ipod so if you have one of them you'll be golden - just a guess at this stage of course but that sounds very 'Applish'

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 190259
    I would bet it'll use the same charger as the iphone and ipod so if you have one of them you'll be golden - just a guess at this stage of course but that sounds very 'Applish'
    it does indeed

I think the clever money, if you want one ASAP as I do, is to buy the most economic wifi unit, see how you go with it. If it turns out you're taking it to non-wifi places etc. then prepare to sell it for a more expensive 3G model when version 2 comes out with a camera etc
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 190257
    Thanks guys . I was thinking of treating myself. Dh does not think they are worth getting but i will be and he ain't going to be allowed to use it ;)
    same here, but i have the go ahead 'if you want one just buy it Julie but i don't understand why you don't get yourself a decent laptop' in this house we have 3 personal lap tops. Jon has a work one and i have 2 work ones - wth would i 'need' another laptop?

i can't imagine using a camera on it

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I've used my iphone camera more in the last year than my proper cameras! I'm forever in a shop somewhere and sending a phone photo back to someone to say "what about this?" etc.

ipad well I suspect a camera would do well in a meeting to snapshot a whiteboard, video conference or Instant messaging...

Then there's the often mentioned theory of facial recognition apps. Pick up the pad, it recognises you and says Hi Julie. You get all logged into your own stuff and leave a message for someone else. They come along pick up the pad, it recognises them, logs them in and reads your message to them.

Scan an item's barcode with it and it'll search for the cheapest price online for you. Scan your albums and it'll know what music you have and keep asking itunes for new suggestions that you may like same for books and amazon.

Stuff like that. This is a game changing piece of technology camera wont just be for taking not very good phone photos :)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    me either the camera- if its anything like the iphone one would for me remain unused

Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine using iChat on it though!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no friends, certainly none who would want to see me 'shudder'

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are the best for any techno info :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 190290
    I have no friends
    Yes, you do!

Tom (... who considers himself friends with all of the people on this group!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast