Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one here....

Post Thanks / Like
    that has no desire to see Alice In Wonderland?? My kids are dying to go & I have to say I think it looks freaky as all get out. I've never been a Tim Burton fan really (loved Ed Wood but that's it) but this one appeals to me even less than usual. Just wondering if anyone else felt the same or if y'all are like my girls & bustin' at the seams to go.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    No You're not alone - I have no inclination whatsoever to see it.

Not my cup of tea.

I am however going to see Valentines Day, but not with Jai, with my friend Jane, we love a RomCom

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    No desire what so ever. One of the few classics that I didn't like (the book I mean...).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We may have trouble finding anywhere that's screening it in Britain if the news today is anything to go by. The big cinema chains are not happy about the 12 week gap between cinema release and DVD release over here and want a 17 week gap or they won't screen the movie.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to read the book & just couldn't make it through it & this was as an adult, lol. I love the classic Disney cartoon though. The thought of this movie, especially in 3D gives me shivers, lol.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to read the book, and made it through but liked it less than Romeo and Juliet and that is my ultimate classic to "hate."

The cartoon is cute. One of the few times, I'll go with the Disney version over the original.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it does look freaky, but I figured it would be weird...I mean it is Tim Burton.

Tim Burton ruined Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...another where the originial was best. Gene Wilder is the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    My sister was a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory fan (original). I never quite got into it. Can't imagine the Burton version.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not sure....

His movies scare me...

I watched his version of Charlie and the Chocolate factory and didnt like it AT ALL

then again, I am very curious.....

so.. who knows... hahahahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    My children want to see it, but they are "Older" now 8 & 10. If they were younger, it would bother me.
    What I don't like is that its marketed to children. IMHO its not a film for small children.
    I liked Edward Scirrorhands, but I wouldn't let my children see it yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast