Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorable character interactions

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any memorable character interactions you want to share with us? Not just the kids but adults too!

After waiting in line for a photo op with Mickey, it made my day when he took one hand in his, put his other hand on my waist and danced with me. Another time, The Beast led DH to a bench then ran back to me. He then got down on one knee as if to propose.

It works both ways though as Minnie once got me to cover my eyes while she kissed DH!

Post Thanks / Like
    When Arun was smaller Cruella DeVille spoke to him one day as we were walking around, she 'fired' him for not being good at the job she had given him.

It was quite a comical interlude as Arun was shy and we all thought it highly amusing.

Fast forward to the parade and we stood on the sidelines and as the Carriage drew near with Cruella on, she pointed at Arun amongst the crowd and shouted " I remember you - I fired you earlier today"

How great that she remembered him from all the children she had met that day.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of trips ago, my DW was trying to get a picture with Lilo. Everytime we'd see her and Stitch out somewhere, we'd start heading over to them and at that specific moment in time, their handlers would guide them through some door and backstage. Could never even get remotely close to them. This must have happened five or six times.

Then, one day, we were at the Animal Kingdom. Just strolling around the left hand side of Discovery Island. We turned a corner around the gift shop there and my DW ran straight into Lilo and Stitch just standing there. No line. No kids. No waiting. Just them and their handler and no one else in sight.

We got the pictures she was after!

Tom (... I'd show them to you but she'd kill me!)

Post Thanks / Like
    1st time we ever went when I was at uni with Lisa I have to confess I wasn't a huge fan of Mickey ( heresey I know but there you are)

Well you couldn't go to any Disney park without the obligatory photo, and he looked at me and wiggled his nose and....

well I fell in love :D the rest is history.

Non Disney but the Cat in the Hat and the 2 things were fantastic in Suess ISland and spent ages running around with the kids in their buggies - racing them around the streets as they were weraing thing shirts as well - really made the day.

Too many stories to share in one place

Post Thanks / Like
    When the Evil Queen asked 6 year old neice if she had seen Snow White and Ellie refused to tell her where she was hiding.

And when I had my first digital camera and was struggling with it while Adrian and Chip waited to have their photo taken together - Adrian had an indepth conversation with a chipmunk about new technology.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I met Gaston celebrating my bday at MGM . DH had set it up and I was told to stay in my seat till the theathre emptied . He came out and really played the part . Signing my autograph book Its Good To See Me ! Love Myself, Gaston

Post Thanks / Like
    A few years back when my son was about 4 years old we were watching the parade over in Frontier land. Snow White's float came to a stop right next to us and she came down and walked over to my son and planted a kiss on his cheek leaving lipstick. He was on cloud nine and refused to wash his face for a day. It was a magical moment for him.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    When we went back in 2005, my Mum's friend had a Minnie Mouse baseball cap (it was red, with white spots and ears) on, she was getting a picture with Mickey when Minnie ran over from nowhere and started pointing at Her hat as if to say "I'VE GOT THE SAME ONES!!!"
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    We were early to MK (that extra magic hour thing) and pushing Herself's Mom along in a wheelchair, near Frontierland. We heard someone behind us scuffling their feet.

It was Mickey! He was so sweet to Herself's Mom, who grinned just like a little kid. We had him alone for several minutes. It was like one of those commercials you see on television, and think "Right. Mickey alone? Never happen!" Well, it did!

One time when our Seth was about 3 we saw Mary Poppins and Alice at the UK. He hugged and hugged and hugged and HUGGED Mary so tightly and for so long, she asked him if he didn't want to hug Alice too. His response? "NO! You PWETTY!"

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    A few years ago after dinner at the California Grill I went outside and saw Goofy and Chip [or Dale?] on the outside staircase with their arms aroung each others shoulders as they sang "My Kind of Town Chicago is etc.etc."and dancing in time...they were obviously "off duty" and thought that no-one was around.
    I shouted to them "Hey I never knew you could talk!"
    You couldn`t see them for dust as they made their hasty exit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast