Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hubby's Driving Licence Problems ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa1976, post: 190993
    Oh don't worry Brit, he is certainly paying - he hasn't been allowed on his PS3 since. Oh i'm so mean :D
    Heehee!!

Sorry this has happened. It is a good thing you will be able to drive and you'll only have the car for a few days.

Thank goodness for other forms of transportation!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    I would make him piggyback you everywhere.....

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as you are prepared for the rental car attendent to refuse the paper, then you won't be surprised.

It may be ok, and then again it may not. Worth trying though.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck Lisa, I hope it goes well

Post Thanks / Like
    have you thought about emailing them? i'm a bit concerned that if he's the lead on the car hire you may not be able to pick the car up. When we arrived in Atlanta last year Jon went to get the baggage and i went to the car rental place- they wouldn't let me start the paperwork as it was in his name although i paid with my credit card!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thankfully I booked both lots of car hire in my name as the lead driver, so ok there.

Post Thanks / Like
    firstly i know this might not go down well but the police officer was only doing his job as its very dangerous to use a mobile while driving a car (i work in a hospital and see far too often the repercussions of this) saying that im pretty sure a very stern telling off would have sufficed.
    like others have said email the hire company explaining the situation and see where you stand failing that ring dvla and ask them if u can drive down n pick up the plastic card part of dh license as he needs it for the holiday.
    charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbo77, post: 191019
    firstly i know this might not go down well but the police officer was only doing his job as its very dangerous to use a mobile while driving a car (i work in a hospital and see far too often the repercussions of this)
    oh but yah know, it's dangerous for folks to turn round to see what's up with the screaming baby, shout at the kids, light a cigarette, play with the radio, put makeup on, read maps whilst driving, but it's only the cell phone that's a nice easy target to get the driving offence stats up :)

anyway let's drop that one because I'm sure Lisa doesn't need to feel any worse about it :(

saying that im pretty sure a very stern telling off would have sufficed.
    agreed, first time it should be a "come on, you know thats a bit silly dont you" second time a fine, third time fine and points.

like others have said email the hire company explaining the situation and see where you stand failing that ring dvla and ask them if u can drive down n pick up the plastic card part of dh license as he needs it for the holiday.
    yeah agreed, we recently lost a v5 and had to go to a local dvla office and they were pretty brilliant about doing all the paperwork really quickly it's good idea
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Keith :)

Unfortunately we are not where need a DVLA office.

Oh well never mind, im sure we will survive, afterall I don't mind driving in Florida so we will be fine. I'm just glad i had the sense to put me as the lead driver.

Anyway I can't be unhappy too long as we are off to Gatwick tomorrow, flying Saturday morning :D

Post Thanks / Like
    as you say lisa its not the end of the world as you like driving over there.....so just have a great holiday and loads of pix when you get back :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast