Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney World

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone ,

Im starting to plan my trip to disneyworld. I am going on Oct 27, will be there for Haloween. Just wondering if anyone has any great tips for first timers on which hotel to stay in and any other info you have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ashdogg... and welcome!

Are you planning to stay on Disney property at one of the resorts?

Also, you if you're going to be there in October, you may want to do Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP).

Tom (... a Headless Horseman has been spotted in the Magic Kingdom!)

Post Thanks / Like
    The resorts have different themes so check them all out and see which one draws you in.

Halloween should be a blast! The weather will be nice!

Don't forget to eat at a character meal...I personally love Chef Mickey's for breakfast! A great way to start off a day at the Magic Kingdom.

I almost forgot...Welcome! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the info, I am not sure if I will be staying at one of the Disney resorts or not. That's why I was asking for others peoples opinions because I want to know which is the best way to go to stay at the Disney resorts outside of Orlando ?

Thanks for the haloween tip, great idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    When we go, we won't stay anywhere EXCEPT at a Disney resort on site. Our usual favorite is Port Orleans Riverside although we've stayed in others also.

We usually end up going for a week. We drive down, I park our car at the resort, I take my brain out and lay it on the front seat, lock the car, and don't see any of it again for a week.
    We let Disney provide our transportation using their boats, buses, and monorails. This is one of the benefits you get staying onsite.

Beyond the transportation, by staying at a Disney resort, you're immersed in the ambience that is Disney. The theming, the Cast Members, the special things that make it Disney. Like a hotel wakeup call from Mickey. As far as we're concerned, it's the only way to see Disney World.

And believe me, if it's your first time and you're staying for a week or less, you won't run out of things to do and see! We've been numerous times. All for about a week and we never run out of things to see and do!

Tom (... seriously!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to Secrets.

I can't help with resorts but can help with offsite stuff like restaurants, other things to do etc - and of course villas

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I only stay onsite too. (However, my brain is usually left at home, as I tend to fly to WDW). I love all the perks of staying onsite and to me the biggest is the transportation. I don't have to worry about getting anywhere. Oh and I love having my shopping bags sent to the resort. No need to carry them around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have to agree with the others, on site it is. There are a wide range of prices to fit every budget. Not having to drive while you're there is great and if you fly you have free pick up by Magical Express. We always use the dining plan while we're there. It's not for everyone but we enjoy a sit down every night. I also like that the meals are pre-payed for as well. We pay out of pocket for breakfast and use the counter service for lunch. We've been to Disney many times and are never bored!! have fun and welcome..

Post Thanks / Like
    well we are going on our first trip 23 march this year and we decided to stay in a villa because the cost was a huge amount cheaper for us. we booked tickets to disney and universal and kenedy and that cost 1200 a lot more than we thought! also with the dollar so low we needed to save somewhere- so a villa it is

Post Thanks / Like
    Yah thats what i thought, I most likely will be staying at one of the Hotels on the Disney property, if not fairly close. Also how many days would you say it would take to go through all the parks, as well universal studios?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast