Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the dining plan worth it?

Post Thanks / Like
    just pricing up the dining and its adding up to a lot of money for a family of four so is the dining plan worth it???????

Post Thanks / Like
    it depends...

if you plan to spend most time at Disney, then I think it IS worth it, because once there you will not have to spend much more on meals, since they will mostly be taken care of, whereas if you dont get it, you will end up spending all of that money once there, since you WILL have to eat...

but.. if you are staying off site or have a kitchen, or plan to eat outside Disney, then it might not be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on a few things, how old are your children, are they good eaters, do you like to take the time to sit down for a meal every day? They have several plans , two of the most popular are the quick service and the regular dining plans.With quick service you get per person 2- snacks, 2- counter service meals and a refillable resort only mug. With the regular plan you receive 1- quick service meal, 1- sit down meal and 1-snack per person per day. We like the regular plan because we enjoy our sit down meals! We pay out of pocket for breakfast and use the counter service for lunch. They have alot of options for snacks that aren't listed ( Main Street bakery in MK has many options!) Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    we're hoping to go when free dining is on as when we go out to eat now it's like feeding 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 locusts! this will save us a packet i reckon. I like the idea of having most of my food paid for beforehand so my spending money is for shopping/entertainment etc :tongue:

however it can be quite limiting as you feel obliged to make the most of it. I don't honestly think i would pay for it because of this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 191169
    we're hoping to go when free dining is on as when we go out to eat now it's like feeding 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 locusts! this will save us a packet i reckon. I like the idea of having most of my food paid for beforehand so my spending money is for shopping/entertainment etc :tongue:

however it can be quite limiting as you feel obliged to make the most of it. I don't honestly think i would pay for it because of this.
    2 locusts

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing to be aware of is that with the introduction of the DDP the Disney restaurants have essentially become mad houses.

It's often difficult to get an ADR unless you plan and make them 180 days out. Not every knows where they want to eat 180 days before hand.

The plan has also decreased the quality of service and the quality of food. OK, that's presumptuous to say, but there has been a significant decline in both since the implementation of this plan.

Personally, I would try to dine off property as much as possible IF that were a possibility (transport, time, etc.).

Otherwise, I'm not sure I'd want all those table service meals. Be sure it's something you want to deal with, as it's more work than it may first seem.

Yeah, I know. I'm SO not a DDP fan.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    so much advice thank you very much

are there restrictions on what you can order from the disney menus if you get the plan or can you have anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    Any entree or quick service on the menu can be ordered regardless of price ( dessert too) Appetizers are extra!

Post Thanks / Like
    Because of the pesky DDP, some of the restaurants have taken some of the more expensive items off the menu as many folks using the plan were going for these items regardless.
    In a way this spoils it for those of us who pay as we go as we are no longer able to have the full menu available from which to choose.

Post Thanks / Like
    i think the service has suffered because of DDP and now except for a select few places i love eating we eat offsite as its much better for us i also dont want to decide 6 months before i go where i want to eat sorry i am going off on a rant............
    i suppose you have to look at how much you will get out of it and how organised you want to be

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast