Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: how to start scrapbooking?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    868
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know there have been a few posts on this but for the next trip I really want to try and gather things together to make the best scrapbook ever

    I've already lost things from the last trip and the memory is fading

    So is there a starter pack or something? what about starting with planning information or is that all too dull



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymom, post: 191481
    what about starting with planning information or is that all too dull
    no no no no no!! i keep everything and try and incorporate it into my scrapbooks. There are starter packs in the Disney shops if that is what you want but you'll also need some tools. Paper cuter (12x12 inches) your choice of adhesive- i like tape runners. There are many many tools that you can buy but they are the 2 basics you will need. You need to decide what size you want your scrapbook to be so you get the right size card stock. Michaels/AC Moore etc sell them quite reasonably especially with the 40% coupon in the local newspaper.

    It's all to easy to spend an absolute fortune on 'stash' and never use it - don't say you haven't been warned :tongue:

    Julie.....who has enough craft stuff to open a store in her spare room

















  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    13,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I'm always going to start a scrapbook............

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymom, post: 191481
    I've already lost things from the last trip and the memory is fading
    To keep things in one spot, I take a big plastic envelope with me when we go to WDW. In it I put a copy of our itinerary, ticket materials, etc. While on our visit I use it to store park maps, buttons, badges, stickers, etc. When we get back to our room at the end of the day, w empty our bags, pockets, etc, and tuck anything we want to keep in that envelope. When we get home, all of our stuff is in one spot!
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)






  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    868
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrandma, post: 191742
    To keep things in one spot, I take a big plastic envelope with me when we go to WDW. In it I put a copy of our itinerary, ticket materials, etc. While on our visit I use it to store park maps, buttons, badges, stickers, etc. When we get back to our room at the end of the day, w empty our bags, pockets, etc, and tuck anything we want to keep in that envelope. When we get home, all of our stuff is in one spot!
    Thats such a good idea do you put whole park maps in the scrapbook or do you cut bits out?



  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    868
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 191514

    Julie.....who has enough craft stuff to open a store in her spare room
    ooooo

    does anyone have any example pages to give me some ideas?



  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymom, post: 191744
    Thats such a good idea do you put whole park maps in the scrapbook or do you cut bits out?
    Well, since they come folded, I tuck in the whole map - both in the envelope and in the scrapbook.

    I also tuck in receipts from dining, menus, room keys (at the end of the trip), etc. The envelope is 12x12. I pick them up for a couple of dollars each at Michael's, but other places carry them. They come in various colors.

    In the scrapbook, you can make holders in which to tuck items. That allows you to pull things out and look at them, but keeps the item orderly otherwise.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)






  8. #8
    Senior Member MystikPiglit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norfolk.
    Posts
    6,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrandma, post: 191742
    To keep things in one spot, I take a big plastic envelope with me when we go to WDW.
    Yep, I also do that.

    I save all of the receipts while we are there, this gives you great reference points when you get home.

    Upon entering the Parks, I get 2 maps. 1 to use on the day and 1 to keep pristine for the scrapbook.
    [CENTER]







  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 192012
    Upon entering the Parks, I get 2 maps. 1 to use on the day and 1 to keep pristine for the scrapbook.
    me too

















  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    967
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are all sorts of neat little things you can collect on a trip! I have a piece of "snow" from one of the snow globe floats in the parade at MK. My granddaughters grabbed bits of confetti that was shot into the air during a parade.

    I even have wrappers from Mickey ice cream bars!
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)






Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •