Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to start scrapbooking?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know there have been a few posts on this but for the next trip I really want to try and gather things together to make the best scrapbook ever

I've already lost things from the last trip and the memory is fading

So is there a starter pack or something? what about starting with planning information or is that all too dull

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymom, post: 191481
    what about starting with planning information or is that all too dull
    no no no no no!! i keep everything and try and incorporate it into my scrapbooks. There are starter packs in the Disney shops if that is what you want but you'll also need some tools. Paper cuter (12x12 inches) your choice of adhesive- i like tape runners. There are many many tools that you can buy but they are the 2 basics you will need. You need to decide what size you want your scrapbook to be so you get the right size card stock. Michaels/AC Moore etc sell them quite reasonably especially with the 40% coupon in the local newspaper.

It's all to easy to spend an absolute fortune on 'stash' and never use it - don't say you haven't been warned :tongue:

Julie.....who has enough craft stuff to open a store in her spare room

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I'm always going to start a scrapbook............

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymom, post: 191481
    I've already lost things from the last trip and the memory is fading
    To keep things in one spot, I take a big plastic envelope with me when we go to WDW. In it I put a copy of our itinerary, ticket materials, etc. While on our visit I use it to store park maps, buttons, badges, stickers, etc. When we get back to our room at the end of the day, w empty our bags, pockets, etc, and tuck anything we want to keep in that envelope. When we get home, all of our stuff is in one spot!
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrandma, post: 191742
    To keep things in one spot, I take a big plastic envelope with me when we go to WDW. In it I put a copy of our itinerary, ticket materials, etc. While on our visit I use it to store park maps, buttons, badges, stickers, etc. When we get back to our room at the end of the day, w empty our bags, pockets, etc, and tuck anything we want to keep in that envelope. When we get home, all of our stuff is in one spot!
    Thats such a good idea do you put whole park maps in the scrapbook or do you cut bits out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 191514

Julie.....who has enough craft stuff to open a store in her spare room
    ooooo

does anyone have any example pages to give me some ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymom, post: 191744
    Thats such a good idea do you put whole park maps in the scrapbook or do you cut bits out?
    Well, since they come folded, I tuck in the whole map - both in the envelope and in the scrapbook.

I also tuck in receipts from dining, menus, room keys (at the end of the trip), etc. The envelope is 12x12. I pick them up for a couple of dollars each at Michael's, but other places carry them. They come in various colors.

In the scrapbook, you can make holders in which to tuck items. That allows you to pull things out and look at them, but keeps the item orderly otherwise.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrandma, post: 191742
    To keep things in one spot, I take a big plastic envelope with me when we go to WDW.
    Yep, I also do that.

I save all of the receipts while we are there, this gives you great reference points when you get home.

Upon entering the Parks, I get 2 maps. 1 to use on the day and 1 to keep pristine for the scrapbook.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 192012
    Upon entering the Parks, I get 2 maps. 1 to use on the day and 1 to keep pristine for the scrapbook.
    me too

Post Thanks / Like
    There are all sorts of neat little things you can collect on a trip! I have a piece of "snow" from one of the snow globe floats in the parade at MK. My granddaughters grabbed bits of confetti that was shot into the air during a parade.

I even have wrappers from Mickey ice cream bars!
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast