Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Kids & A 40th at MY Castle Pre Trippie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 42368
    Dorothy that would be fab!!

Tell Diane i can't wait to meet her.X
    She's all sorts of excited and wants me to make a reservation like NOW!! I explained to her about a half dozen times already that if we want free dining we have to wait until spring and she just may not make it until then :rolleyes008:

Post Thanks / Like
    You can make a reservation now and then transfer it to free dining if and when it comes out.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 42396
    You can make a reservation now and then transfer it to free dining if and when it comes out.
    Now that's an idea and it would give her something to obsess about. I'm not kidding either. You guys think I'm bad, it ain't nothing compared to her

Although, if they don't do free dining then I don't think either of us can afford to do this either :(

She said to tell you again Johnie, that's she's sorry she didn't get to see you at all. I told her that I was sure that you would forgive her :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    After looking at the price difference between a moderate and value, it looks like we'll be staying at POP for this trip :D

Post Thanks / Like
    We could well be doing the same yet hun.

The more i think about it and the more i hear the less i am bothered about the free dining.

We would have to upgrade to moderate,upgrade the dining from quick and pay gratuities.
    We had far too much to eat last time and would be eating some meals for the sake of it.
    As it will be our last one for a while i think i'd rather spend my time with the kids running round the parks like a lunatic than sitting in a restaurant for hours.

We might be lucky and have the quick dining at the values then i would consider upgrading but i will have to have a serious think and work out if we would actually spend the amount it would cost to upgrade on eating counter service and doing a couple of ADR's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Part 15 - Decisions,Decisions 337 days to go

Following on from Dorothy's thoughts on having to upgrade to moderate to qualify for free dining then upgrading from quick to full i decided to do a bit of costing for next year.

Value
    POP $82X10 - $820
    Couple of ADR's kids want to do:-
    Ohana(breakfast buffet)-$60 + $12(grat)
    Dinosaur - $80 + $16(grat)
    1900 Park Fare - $90 + £18(grat)
    CS for 3 X 10 days $400

All prices approximate
    Total $1496

Approx $1500

Moderate
    POR $149 X 10 - $1490
    Upgrade from quick to full $8ppX3X10 - $240
    10 X ADR Gratuities approx $200
    Extra tickets to qualify for DDP - $250

Again all apprx
    Total $2180

Approx $2200

I haven't added tax for rooms yet as that would be added to both booking anyway.
    Hope i haven't forgotten anything.I'm sure someone will tell me if i have.

So the difference is $700.

For that we would get 10 TS meals instead of 3
    All CS paid for and snacks
    6 park days instead of 5
    Moderate hotel instead of Value.

So is it worth it?

Did you know it would take 4,000 CDs to fill the Jukebox at All Star Music which is enough to play for 135 days without hearing the same CD twice?

Post Thanks / Like
    You like us don't spend a lot of time at the resort so I wouldn't think it would be worth it for you to pay the extra for the upgrade of resort alone.

Dining - only you know how important that is to you. It is a very important part of our holiday, but then we are at disney for 21 days so can afford the time in restaurants, if I only had 5 or 6 days at disney I wouldn't want to and would be quite happy grabbing and going. :D

The extra day at Disney - as you have been in August before do you think you will get everything you want to done in 5 days as opposed to 6?

Sorry probably not a ot of help there!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course the ideal scenario would be that the US are offered quick service at Value and we upgrade to full dining while staying at POP :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you able to book room only now and then add on free dining afterwards then?

We will be booking 3 nights at POR in a couple of weeks, would we be able to upgrade to free dining if it was added later?

Seems a bit too good to be true.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 44605
    You like us don't spend a lot of time at the resort so I wouldn't think it would be worth it for you to pay the extra for the upgrade of resort alone.
    No and the kids are desparate to stay at POP

Dining - only you know how important that is to you. It is a very important part of our holiday, but then we are at disney for 21 days so can afford the time in restaurants, if I only had 5 or 6 days at disney I wouldn't want to and would be quite happy grabbing and going. :D
    We loved the free dining last year and would really make the most of it being free ;) Upgrading would also mean an extra park day and a lot of our ADR choices are not in park so we would have a bit more flexibility.And at least i wouldn't have to worry what the kids were ordering off the menus and worrying about how much the bill would be.

The extra day at Disney - as you have been in August before do you think you will get everything you want to done in 5 days as opposed to 6?
    An extra day is an extra day!We could get it done in 5 days but 6 days would be better.My estimate of $400 for CS may not be right either and i would have to pay for breakfast,lunch and dinner as well as snacks on some days.Last year a CS,TS and snack were quite filling and we didn't always eat it all but if we just stuck to CS it might not be enough for 2 growing kids.
    Not sure who i'm tring to convince here.I suppose it will all depend what options are offered next April.

Sorry probably not a ot of help there!
    LOL thanks Lisa :D

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast