Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 452

Thread: 3 Kids & A 40th at MY Castle Pre Trippie

  1. #211
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    3,618
    Post Thanks / Like
    Part 23 - A Dilemma!

    Have been browsing and playing with dates to book RPR for our stay and have come across a dilemma.

    We have already booked our I-Drive hotel for 9 nights for £290.
    We are then going to RPR for 2 nights.The cost at the moment is $438 plus tax.Roughly £310 at exchange rate of 1.5

    Have just been on netflights.com and played with dates to find that we could book 7 nights for £332!

    Do i :-
    A)Book it and just not stay on I-Drive for the other 5 nights we have booked.
    B)Stop being gredy and hope that we get a good rate for the 2 nights
    C)Hope that we can reduce the hotel from 9 to 4 nights or cancel and rebook.

    However if we have to pay a fee to cancel or amend it will cost more.
    I'm thinking it's a bit of a no brainer as it's only costing a few £ more for an extra 5 nights.Shame we already have I-Drive booked.

    Will ring Val tomorrow and see what she says but wanted your opinions too.
    Has anyone ever booked with netflights.com before?

  2. #212
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    For £50 more for 5 more nights I would jus book and hope I could cancel I-Drive if I couldn't then no real big deal.


    If you book with net flights do you get an actual confirmation from the hotel?






    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #213
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    3,618
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure Lisa that's why i'm a bit hesitant.

    Loads of people on another site seem to have booked tonight as the price is so good.

  4. #214
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    3,618
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are ABTA and ATOL bonded so if i book with a CC should be ok.

  5. #215
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    that makes it more reassuring






    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #216
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    3,618
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need to speak to Val first as i have everything else booked with her.
    The offer is on for a while so should still be there in the morning!

  7. #217
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    that sounds like a brilliant deal - have you got passes for universal for all that time?















  8. #218
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    3,618
    Post Thanks / Like
    We got a 7 day 2 park pass each when it was on offer for $79.99 last year!

    The day we would have to transfer is a day we had pencilled in for a pool day so it's perfect.

    Then we can go in to the parks as and when we want even if just for a couple of hours.

  9. #219
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    fingers crossed you can cancel the other one















  10. #220
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    3,618
    Post Thanks / Like
    Part 24 - I did it! 179 days to go

    I've been playing with dates and itinerary all day and got myself quite stressed.
    I've had a friend here and we've been going through all the options.

    I couldn't decide whether to book RPR from 14th - 21st checking out the day were oringinally going to and just not use the I-Drive hotel for the last few night or

    Check in to RPR a day or 2 later so as to get more out of the I-Drive hotel which we have already paid for but which meant losing a couple of Disney nights and having to mess about with the itinerary.However this would have meany paying 2 nights less hotal at Disney but meant that we would have to cram everything into a shorter time.

    Or did i just stick to the original plan as i was intending to pay about £300 for just the 2 nights at RPR anyway!!!

    What did i do......?

    I booked RPR for 14th - 21st August.
    It fits into our existing itinerary as the day we check in there was an I-Drive/relax day anyway.We just follow the 'programme' from RPR instead of I-Drive.
    We can then use our 7 day US pass to go in for a couple of hours in the evening if we want to.
    We will stop on I-drive to eat on the way back from parks as we would have done anyway but get the benefits of a 5* hotel and extra time in US/IOA.

    I'm so excited but i can't jump up and down.

    I know it is a shame to waste the room we have paid for on I-Drive but as i have got 7 nights at RPR for not much more than the cost i was going to be paying for 2 nights i don't think we have really lost out.:)

Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •