Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you pay more for a theme park view?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope i wouldnt pay extra, not unless money wasnt a problem then i would! I dont see the point considering the amount of time you actually spend in the room

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 191754
    when we stayed at GF we paid extra as it was for something special and then got upgraded to something amazing a suite and watching the fireworks from the balcony was truely one of the most wonderful things i have ever seen. now against everyone else i would pay extra its amazing watching
    Funny you should post that.
    When we were at the check in desk at the GF a few years ago I made a bee-line for Dave [one of the check-in CM`s who we know].
    I had just finished my "British accent spiel" with him when Dave said "Ok you CAN have that room you want BUT I`ve just allocated you a better room!"
    The room that Dave had assigned to us was located right at the end of Sago Cay building [our preferred building] and had a totally uninterrupted view of MK...brilliant.
    I wouldn`t have paid extra for it though, but if it was a free upgrade then why not?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to trot out the old tired photos I always do (although I probably will) but I love the theme park view at the contemporary

I guess I "do Disney" differently from those with kidlets and so on, but I take it easy and am often in the room. In fact at the contemporary with an MK view I sometimes take an evening out to just chill on the balcony with some room service and watch the fireworks (they pipe the music into the inroom TV).

I would agree with everyone though, there's no sense missing out on other things to pay for it. It's a wonderful addition if it's in budget but nothing more than that.

View below was from the room at Bay Lake Towers. Absolutely perfect
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    oh to have that view so close Keith thanks for posting that picture again makes me go ah everytime i look at it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 191982
    oh to have that view so close Keith thanks for posting that picture again makes me go ah everytime i look at it
    it was so amazing. The fireworks looked wonderful from there, even better to be able to watch from the balcony with a nice glass of champagne and something nice from room service

I left the curtains a little open so when I woke up in the middle of the night the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was the castle
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Pay extra? No, I don't think so.

Enjoy every minute if it were gratis? YOU BET!

Lovely photo, Keith!

PS. I also wouldn't pay extra for a "preferred building"

Post Thanks / Like
    wow!! fantastic pic Keith!!

I think it depends...

I WOULD pay extra if I knew I wouldnt be able to watch the fireworks at the park... like say this last trip with Tatiana, she was too young to stay up THAT late and the fireworks would have been too loud... so it would have been worth it to pay extra and be able to watch them nightly from our room...

But that was a very specific situation.... apart from that, I would rather spend the extra money on character meals or really nice dinners, and/or souvenirs....

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree in spending money more wisely elsewhere. I love the deluxe resorts, spend a lot of time at them, however I do not stay there. I choose a moderate resort with standard view. It's just a place to sleep and shower basically.

If you have small ones travelling with you, the're going to be glued to the windows and wanting to be "there" instead of resting in the room.

Even with the deluxe resorts with view options, I would still choose standard just to have a respite from the park activity.

Have a magical time regardless of your decision! I'll be there in 14 days!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"When you rush around in hopeless circles, searching everywhere for something true, you're at the age of not believing, when all the make-believe is through."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12