Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a macbook on eBay?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm getting my new macbook pretty soon (waiting for some money back from the tax office first) and it struck me that I hadn't really checked out eBay!

Has anyone ever bought a refurbished/2nd hand mac and if so, what was your experience?
    I could pick up a 160gb white macbook with the 2gb ram and Superdrive for around 550 and I think compared to the 717 I'd pay for a macbook (with student discount)

It would mean I could buy it pretty much straight away and also I'd save a bit of money for perhaps a new lens or something for my camera

Just don't know if it's worth paying the extra 200 quid AND waiting ages for what's essentially the same macbook but with a warranty
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    not an ipad then?

Post Thanks / Like
    deffo not the iPad
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was a very positive experience infact I forget sometimes it was second hand

however I can't help but think I would buy new. eBay is great but for computers I feel a bit squinky about it

Post Thanks / Like
    i can't decide what's better for me to do. If i get it i'm definitely going to go for the 3G,

back to OP lol

i would worry about buying one on ebay tbh Josh, what about waiting for a reconditioned model from apple?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just being silly and impatient. I'll end up waiting because I know that as soon as i buy the 2nd hand one my tax will come through and I'll regret it!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh,

Have you tried the refurb/clearance section of the online Apple Store (this is the UK one)?

Tom (... what a deal!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Squinky? What is this squinky?
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Medically speaking, it's a more severe form of the heebie jeebies which can be brought on by severe worry and stress
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    one of my friend had bad experience so I guess buying stuff from ebay is bit like lottery..... if yo ucan best to buy them from official suppliers...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast