Thread: Olympic Moment...

Post Thanks / Like
    ...at my school today. One of our parents is an Olympic gold medalist. We've been studying the Olympics in class for the past month, so we invited her to visit us and she brought her jersey and medal for show and tell. She medaled during the Salt Lake City games in women's ice hockey. Very cool indeed. I had goosebumps just touching the medal.

Her favorite part of the Olympic Village? THE FOOD!

A few photos (yes, I asked my parents if it was ok to post here )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    OH WOW!!!!!!!! HOW WICKED COOL IS THAT??!!!!!!!

Such an opportunity for the children AND you! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

She must be wicked happy tonight! Her team won again! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    wow!! That's amazing!!! :D You have some really cool parents at your school!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    It really *was* cool...I think I may have asked more questions than the kids!

One of the sweetest things was, see the boys up at the top? The ones not wearing the medal? Well apparently, there is a superstition that says if you think you might ever BE in the Olympics, you should NEVER wear someone's else's medal as it's considered bad luck. These boys were so convinced they are going to be in the Olympics (hockey) they wouldn't hardly TOUCH it, much less put it on!!!

She's in good company too, her father-in-law is Hall of Famer, Ken Dryden :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, my Ty would have been impressed as well! It's a dream of his to make it to the Olympics in hockey!