Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone been to Disneyland before

Post Thanks / Like
    We went a few years back but we didn't have long there as we were visiting lots of other areas as well.

It is out plan to go back next year and I wondered what things we really shouldn't miss this time :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I grew up there, which isn't much use at the moment! Last visit was 2006--and it was crazybusy!

Johnie will be going in August, so she should be able to help when she returns.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, I will be going in less than a month!!! i'll make sure to give a full trip report when I get back

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    :smiley4: great thank you. I've got lots of photos from last time, but I can't remember as much as I can about our trips to WDW.

There is a show in a circular theatre and it's narrated by Whoopi Goldberg it's about how the settlers came to California it was really good and it's nice to sit somewhere cool for a while.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    We"ve been every years since 2006 and we love it!
    The Mother Nature show is in California Adventure and it's pretty cool. I love Paradise Pier...well, except for the swinging cage of death...ew...Hollywood studios is also good. I like the Tortilla factory tour and the sour dough bread tour..especially the samples :)
    Can you tell I like California Adventure? :)

Oh don't miss the Indiana Jones ride! It's nothing like the Indy Jones attraction at WDW.

PsychoAlice....where are you girl? Wendy needs help here.
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    We've been! We went this spring. It was a nice experience.

We really enjoyed the Disneyland Hotel. We LOVED the Tinkerbell border! The suite that we had was perfect for us. Our relatives (Dad and two girls) had one bedroom with two queens, tv, and bath and our side had a small kitchen (no microwave ) lovely size living room with large tv and dvd player, half bath, master suite with full bath. There were three balconies, one of which had chairs and a table.

The parks were nice, and very different in many ways from WDW. We didn't do some things that I wanted, but that is just a reason to return! :D

They were testing the new monorails when we were there. Man, are those things jazzy looking and seemingly fast!

We enjoyed walking through DTD to get to the parks. One day we took the monorail, the other day we walked.

We explored the Grand Californian and were surprised to discover we didn't much care for it. It's dark, and somewhat gloomy. The interior was confusing and the layout strange. I'm sure many folks really like it, but we wouldn't be quick to stay there. We never got over to the other resort, The Pier. It looked like fun though!

There was construction going on when we were there, and that made for some confusion on trying to get to the check in lobby.

Ooops. Gotta run. Will add more later!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 11685
    We've been! We went this spring. It was a nice experience.

We really enjoyed the Disneyland Hotel. We LOVED the Tinkerbell border! The suite that we had was perfect for us. Our relatives (Dad and two girls) had one bedroom with two queens, tv, and bath and our side had a small kitchen (no microwave ) lovely size living room with large tv and dvd player, half bath, master suite with full bath. There were three balconies, one of which had chairs and a table.

The parks were nice, and very different in many ways from WDW. We didn't do some things that I wanted, but that is just a reason to return! :D

They were testing the new monorails when we were there. Man, are those things jazzy looking and seemingly fast!

We enjoyed walking through DTD to get to the parks. One day we took the monorail, the other day we walked.

We explored the Grand Californian and were surprised to discover we didn't much care for it. It's dark, and somewhat gloomy. The interior was confusing and the layout strange. I'm sure many folks really like it, but we wouldn't be quick to stay there. We never got over to the other resort, The Pier. It looked like fun though!

There was construction going on when we were there, and that made for some confusion on trying to get to the check in lobby.

Ooops. Gotta run. Will add more later!

There's a really weird staircase that ends abruptly in the GC. Almost as if it should be in the Haunted Mansion!

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the GC was vaugely reminiscent of WL. WL being far preferable. There didn't seem to be much life there, I guess. All that dark green and rather blah.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been, but it was a long, long time ago. :D I wouldn't be much help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my what not to miss...ride wise? historical wise? Food wise?

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast