Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: disney's pop resort info needed

Post Thanks / Like
    whats the pop like?
    havent been to the pop or really seen any pictures of it other than the official ones on the disney site. is it really big? what are the rooms like? how far is the car parking away?
    thanks in advance :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you been to any of the other value resorts? They are comparable in size.

I really like Pop. I like the food court better than the other values though I know there are many who don't agree with me. Parking is ok. If you come back late at night, expect to have to walk a little bit.

The rooms are basic and small. The theming of the resort is very cool. We stayed in the 50's once and I always heard Elvis music playing :-)

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We've stayed at Pop. We were given the 50's building that kind of detracted in a way, but we aren't overly into worrying about those sorts of things.

We found the set up of the room to be a bit less comfortable than the All Stars (we've stayed there too). It made the room seem smaller, but I'm not sure it really is.

It's large, yes indeedy. We like to walk though, so aren't put off by that.

The car park was no where near as far a walk to the room as the Boardwalk Inn's!

If the price were good we'd stay there again. The only thing we really didn't care for was the food court (in comparison to All Stars).

Location is a non-factor for us, and we found the bus transport to be perfectly fine.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i have stayed at all star sports years ago................. we have annual passes and there is good discounts so were thinking of doing 5 nights at the pop and 2 at the dolphin...........
    i dont know anything about the pop though :)

Post Thanks / Like
    We have stayed at all of the Values. Never have we ever had a long walk to our room from the parking lot. Each set of buildings, for the most part has its own lot.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We stayed there back in 2004. We liked it well enough but still prefer Port Orleans Riverside. It was a nice enough place though. Here's a link to some pictures I took of the resort while we were there:

Pop Century Resort

That's my DW there gazing up at Lady.

Tom (... love the yo-yo's!)

Post Thanks / Like
    We've also stayed at all the values and though all star movies has a special place in my heart for being the first ever Disney resort at which we stayed, Pop is more modern and I feel it's better in most respects

The bus station is better thought out for a start. It doesn't stop at other resorts like all stars and even deluxe buses do!

The rooms as Tink says, well, they feel a bit smaller for some planning reason I'm sure. However, it's not a problem, easily spacious enough IMHO.

The location is great! It's a short journey to EPCOT/Studios although longer to MK than I'd like. It's also close to the entrance arch for travelling outside Disney via cab which keeps costs down.

It's huge though and sometimes we've stayed at rooms so far away from the main building that we've kinda felt walked out by the time we get to the bus stop. That's us I guess we've been spoiled.

The final note though is as Tom says, as much as POP seems great, when you try Port Orleans, either one, you realise what a few, sometimes very few, extra bucks will buy. Ok, not so much in tangibles, but more in the landscaping and the feeling of relaxation.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice photos, Tom. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    great photos Tom!!! Reminds me I should start using my .me account as well!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 193273
    Nice photos, Tom. Thanks for sharing them with us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 193276
    great photos Tom!!! Reminds me I should start using my .me account as well!
    Thanks to both of you!

And yes, Keith. I find my .me account marvelously useful for this type of thing.
    The integration with iPhoto makes it just so easy to use!

Tom (... who's all in favor of easy!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast