Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Same sex renew vows

Post Thanks / Like
    But they may know stuff about other areas maybe?

Post Thanks / Like
    Beach Place Guesthouses - Welcome!

This is the place on Cocoa Beach, owned by Hernando and Joseph. They are originally from Chicago, and find the area a little short of culture (as they discussed with us when we stayed there) but are sticking it out.

Their area of the beach is very pretty and each of their accommodations has a different theme. They would be a good place to check out if you wanted to travel (but not so far) from WDW for a ceremony.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.gaychurch.org/Find_a_Chur...us_florida.htm

This is a listing of supposedly Gay Friendly churches in Florida. The only one I can vouch for and assure you is truly Gay friendly is Joy MCC in Orlando. The ministers there are gay, and ordained.

You will see a longer list for Ft. Lauderdale, in keeping with Dawn's info that it is a more gay friendly area, in part because it is a larger city, and a true city, whereas Orlando is essentially an overgrown cow town. :)

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

I am so moved by the level of responses here! Thank you!

I am not sure where to start so would need to reply on people here to signpost me. As I truly hope it will be magical experience!

That if I can keep it secret long enough from my partner!!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW We are staying at Disney Coronado Spring Resort.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, let's start with some questions.

Do you see this as a ceremony? With guests? Just the two of you?

Do you see this as a formal event (in that planning, ect. would be needed) or more casual, where you just do what you want, when you want?

Coronado Springs is very pretty. There may be places there to do something.

Did you think of maybe having an intimate dinner for two (say at Bistro, upstairs in France) for the ring exchange? Nothing like France for lovers, eh? :D

Give us some idea of how you see it playing out and then we can help you. The only real guidance you need is to navigate the waters of intolerance (and WDW is extremely Gay friendly).

So! Give us some thoughts and additional info and we'll make more suggestions! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

It would be just two of us, as would like to affirm our love for each others.

Would like to have formal ceremony as much as possible.

I would love to ask my partner to marry me once again and do it in Florida as we had our honeymoon there so it would be wonderful if we could go back and renew our vows.

Of course there is option for nice dinner together, but it is not the same as having ceremony over there!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 193361
    But they may know stuff about other areas maybe?
    Oh sure! But it is pretty far.

Ugh. I did it again. I'm sorry Dawn! I "edited" when I mean to quote. I can only plead congestion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I can't help you with your questions, just wanted to say Welcome to secrets and I hope you have the best day ever and I am suprised that no one has yet mentioned that pictures of the day will be required (but only if you want to share of course!)

Nicki

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 193382
    Hi,

It would be just two of us, as would like to affirm our love for each others.

Would like to have formal ceremony as much as possible.

I would love to ask my partner to marry me once again and do it in Florida as we had our honeymoon there so it would be wonderful if we could go back and renew our vows.

Of course there is option for nice dinner together, but it is not the same as having ceremony over there!

Jeff
    OK. Great. That's where we'll start then.

A formal ceremony with just the two of you and someone officiating, yes?

So, budget? How much do you want to spend? Disney ceremonies have a miniumum, I think $3000 but the amount changes, so it may be higher by now.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast