Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Same sex renew vows

Post Thanks / Like
    You bet! :-)

finger cross I can pull it off!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 193386
    OK. Great. That's where we'll start then.

A formal ceremony with just the two of you and someone officiating, yes?

So, budget? How much do you want to spend? Disney ceremonies have a miniumum, I think $3000 but the amount changes, so it may be higher by now.
    Hi,

I am pretty much flexible with the budget as I have already paid for the holiday itself.

I am not sure if I want it to be held by the beach, hotel, or outdoor somewhere.....

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    On WDW property or off? (We'll take this one step at a time)!

Thank you Sister Tinkerbell!!! (She's the best, Jeff. You'll come to love her as much as we do).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 193391
    On WDW property or off? (We'll take this one step at a time)!

Thank you Sister Tinkerbell!!! (She's the best, Jeff. You'll come to love her as much as we do).
    Hi,

Wont mind having it at WDW but prices does look bit steep so perhaps off WDW but we are not taking car so somewhere fairly locally so we can hop into taxi (not very romantic!)

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    No, but a limo could be.

Leu Gardens in Winter Park is beautiful. Not sure how they are with same gendered ceremonies.

Enzian Theatre in Casselberry (just north of Orlando, a suburb actually) is VERY gay friendly and they have pretty gardens. They do ceremonies too, I believe.

Ummm...close... OH! If Lake Eola in downtown Orlando is very pretty. Site of Pride most years. Not sure how you would arrange that though? Maybe through City government?

Hey. Just do what we did. Take a cruise! LOL.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink... ever considered a career as a wedding co-ordinator?

I hope you and your partner have a fantastic day
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 193398
    No, but a limo could be.

Leu Gardens in Winter Park is beautiful. Not sure how they are with same gendered ceremonies.

Enzian Theatre in Casselberry (just north of Orlando, a suburb actually) is VERY gay friendly and they have pretty gardens. They do ceremonies too, I believe.

Ummm...close... OH! If Lake Eola in downtown Orlando is very pretty. Site of Pride most years. Not sure how you would arrange that though? Maybe through City government?

Hey. Just do what we did. Take a cruise! LOL.
    MMhhh any other places? that I can use is small and away from public places?

Post Thanks / Like
    Uh, yep. For same gendered couples anyway. I've gotten too far away from what is actually available though, so not a valid idea anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm...away from public places? Not sure about that. Do you mean something you'd rent for private use?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to just put in a small plug for WDW weddings/vow renewals dept.

They have a huge array of options available and although they tend to publish prices for some packages, they CAN be somewhat flexible and knock this/that off to get to the right budget.

There are so many great options around WDW. The at-resort options like the wilderness lodge and polynesian grounds are completely beautiful. Completely absorbing for the party itself yet unassuming and unpretentious (and reasonably private!).

The Disney photographic team is also truly great and very reasonably priced versus the other Orlando photographers (although there are some brilliant Orlando photographers should you decide to take advantage of them as well we can help suggest a few names if you need ! )

We're all gonna be as or more excited than you about this you know
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast