Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canada for the GOLD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 193635
    I wasn't either Tink until my boys played!! Now I'm a huge fan, we complain about getting up at 5:00am,but am definitely a hockey Mom!!!( and track and cross country and soccer and even football) Look out to the poor kid who checks my boyo from behind lol!!
    I saw some of that nasty kind of checking going on at this game, but they are big boys and it is hockey, eh? But sheesh, mind those sticks!!!

Tough people, hockey players. Of mind and of body.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 193653
    I am an hour by train from London and about the same distance by road from Claire's place which is where the sailing regatta will be held.

How many rooms should I make up.

And purlease...you need to bring your dollars to shop at Harrods for suitable outfits. :D
    How many do you have LOL!!! I'd love to shop at Harrods. Tink, Becca?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 193671
    I saw some of that nasty kind of checking going on at this game, but they are big boys and it is hockey, eh? But sheesh, mind those sticks!!!

Tough people, hockey players. Of mind and of body.
    They are at that!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    A heartbreaking loss for the US yes. However, when you consider that we weren't even considered to be medal contenders I'm quite proud of our team for the way they played and winning the Silver Medal. Hats off to our Canadian bretheren for a fine Olympics. Prior to this, they had never won a gold medal on their own soil and they left with 14 of them including both the Men's and Women's Ice Hockey medals. Well done Canada.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't so heartbroken. :) Seriously! Our teams did an amazing job of capturing Silver and I think we should well be proud of that accomplishment. (Personally, I think it would have been rude to take the Gold from the hosts)!

It was a lovely Olympics and if the closing ceremony preview is any indication, one that won't be repeated in Russia. Rather imposing preview!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It was an AMAZING Game . Edge of my sofa the whole time . Congratulations, Canada !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123