Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canada for the GOLD!

Post Thanks / Like
    What an AMAZING game that was

My heart goes out to Miller...something tells me he doesn't feel like much of an MVP right now...but

Amazing teams...both of them.

Just wow.

Post Thanks / Like
    ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE GAME!!!! :9:

I do feel bad for poor Miller. It's hard not to feel like they lost, when they actually WON the silver.

One of the longest OTs ever. They were a heck of a team, but it wasn't 1980 again.

Then again, my Grandfather would approve of his Canada winning. (See? I couldn't really lose).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    No team sport is ever won/lost by a single person, I truly believe that.

True class by each athlete...I was moved at the way all the athletes from the USA went over to encourage Miller immediately following.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too. It's hard to stand there and see the other team as the winner, I know. I wish the silver weren't viewed any more as a "loser's" medal.

I remember when a big deal used to be made out of the top 50 finishers! (Where applicable). Now, if it's not gold, it's consider nothing. I don't agree.

Of course, I don't agree that they are pros either. I think having amateurs is much more Olympian, however I do realize that money for training is a factor in that.

Ah well. It's over. I'll miss it. I really, realy like the Olympics.

Four years...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Two for the summer...but I must admit...I do so love the Winter Olympics.

Baleigh and I have been inseparable for two weeks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I did mean winter. I like the summer too, but my favorite has always been the winter.

Did you see the special on Gander, Newfoundland and all that town did for the US during the 9/11/01 crisis? The epitome of Canadians. An incredible people.

Post Thanks / Like
    2012, HEYYYYYY!!!!! That's in LONDON!!!!!

OH wowweeee!

Anyone over there wanna' start a B and B? :D :D Becca and I'll be your first customers! :D :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 193607
    Yes, I did mean winter. I like the summer too, but my favorite has always been the winter.

Did you see the special on Gander, Newfoundland and all that town did for the US during the 9/11/01 crisis? The epitome of Canadians. An incredible people.
    I did see that. Oddly enough, I think our fireplace may have played up at THAT exact moment, because I got all leaky eyed.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 193612
    2012, HEYYYYYY!!!!! That's in LONDON!!!!!

OH wowweeee!

Anyone over there wanna' start a B and B? :D :D Becca and I'll be your first customers! :D :D

We will! We will!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    And seriously...the P&G commercials about mom's....OH.MY.LEAKY EYED GOODNESS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast