Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have..

Post Thanks / Like
    a workout machine at home? With us buying the new house we are finally going to have room for some workout stuff to be going on. Now we always thought we would get the good old treadmill, but now I've had someone tell me that they would get an Elliptical machine as it is a better workout Now I don't know what to do. Do you have anything at home or something you think would be better??

Thanks in advance from my baby-chub and wiggly thighs :rofl:

Post Thanks / Like
    I think ForeverDucky has an eliptical machine.

Where do I start? Manual treadmill and cardioglide purchased for my father many moons ago. Probably will get rid of them eventually, as I don't use them.

Some sort of ab equipment purchased for my mother. Probably will get rid of that, as well. Don't use it.

Pilates platform. Love it! That one is all mine! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had 2 treadmills in my life and an elliptical. I sold my first treadmill thinking that an elliptical would be better. It was not. I paid good money for it and it was not worth the money I spent. So I am back to my treadmill and love it.
    Here's a few tips I've learned....if you are going to get an elliptical get the best you can afford. The really expensive ones are sturdy and don't feel like a hunk of plastic.
    And with the treadmill, simple is good. Mine was $600, but I paid $450. Also, with the equipment ALWAYS get an extended warranty. I like to buy these types of things at Sears. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a treadmill that no one uses. I thought it would be PERFECT. I could walk anytime. :rolleyes008: no, it is too loud and scares the kitties. I get so BORED while using it. Mind numbingly bored. I can't even read a book while using it and I have to turn the tv up way too loud when it's on.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    My aunt watches tv on her treadmill which is exactly like mine. I listen to my Ipod and love audio books. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok good! This is the type of advice that I wanted

Keep it coming!

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the Gazelle eliptical and I like it. Rick would rather have a treadmill so he can jog...but I was on a budget so he lost. I use the Gazelle quite a bit, but not every day.
    The DGD's use it as a swing.
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love one of those really nice exercise bikes that are for spinning classes. But they are $900.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sears is the best place to start. I used to (as in YEARS ago) have a nautilus multifunction machine. It was great. I was more weight lifting (muscle development) related than calorie burning though. Loved that unit. :sigh;

Gave it to my brother when I moved. It is now rusted, sitting outside my parents garage. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 11673
    Sears is the best place to start. I used to (as in YEARS ago) have a nautilus multifunction machine. It was great. I was more weight lifting (muscle development) related than calorie burning though. Loved that unit. :sigh;

Gave it to my brother when I moved. It is now rusted, sitting outside my parents garage. :(

Oh how sad :( I hate when you pass something onto someone thinking they will use it and they just toss it aside. I always think of at least 5 other people I could have given it to that woudl have used it :rolleyes008:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast