Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best chinese restaurant in disney orlando

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry for the dumb questions but is there a really good chinese in disney or just outside???? we know there is one on international drive but think that may be too far

Post Thanks / Like
    We ate at the Nine Dragons in Epcot last year and had a very pleasant meal.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    They are not dumb questions at all! That's what we are here for, to answer whatever questions we can.

I'm happy to hear you had a good meal MystikPiglit! We've not been there in several years, so can't comment. We didn't care for our meal there the last time...

Not too many good Chinese restaurants around.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We're yet to find a REALLY good one. PF Changs is always good, though predictable and somewhat pricey for what it is.

In the end, after having tried a lot of AWFUL "super buffets" we've ended up going to Dragon Court. It's very close to downtown disney so doesnt cost much to get to.

They advertise it as a super buffet but it really isn't :) there's enough choice but not so much that you start to wonder how long must some of it have been there. They replace the food regularly and it's always the same people, the family who own it I guess. They're very attentive and helpful.

Would I go so far as to say it's the best Chinese food ever? argh no :( I never think Chinese food lends itself to being put out in a buffet, but it's at least good and very good value too.

Dragon Court Orlando | Chinese Restaurant & Super Buffet
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If you care to venture forth, you can find some fairly authentic and very nice Asian food in downtown Orlando. I'll be sending you to the east side of I 4 so go during the day and keep a sharp eye. However, I used to work in that immediate area and never had a problem.

Thai Sea is on 50/Colonial East (just west of Semoran which is the road that runs to the airport-just to give you a location feel). There are many other Vietnamese and Thai restaurants in that general area. A few blocks of that highway are referred to as Little Vietnam.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i really dont mind the one in epcot, florida mall and mall at millenia, at all three it didnt stay on the plate very long i can tell you. :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 194579
    i really dont mind the one in epcot, florida mall and mall at millenia, at all three it didnt stay on the plate very long i can tell you. :D
    Well nine dragons can be variable and I dont think it's worth Disney prices BUT yeah, it's ok I admit :D

Mall at millenia and florida mall both have nicely priced food hall Chineses it's true :) as does the premium outlet mall close to Disney although they all feel like total MSG overload ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 194580
    Well nine dragons can be variable and I dont think it's worth Disney prices BUT yeah, it's ok I admit :D

Mall at millenia and florida mall both have nicely priced food hall Chineses it's true :) as does the premium outlet mall close to Disney although they all feel like total MSG overload ;)
    is nine dragons the outdoor one? i found its menu wasnt as good last trip, so scrub that one
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 194583
    is nine dragons the outdoor one? i found its menu wasnt as good last trip, so scrub that one
    No Mick, 9 Dragons is a sit down restaurant.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 194601
    No Mick, 9 Dragons is a sit down restaurant.
    true but they do also have Lotus Blossom Cafe which is outside it and a quick service

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast