Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oh my goodness

Post Thanks / Like
    now i'm starting to panic, 17 days to go, the suitcases are in the loft, i don't know what shoes to take, i need some new clothes and the kids are driving me crazy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good grief! Those suitcases should be open and ready to pack by now.
    Take many shoes and go shopping. Now!
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    oh my i'm stressing more now

Post Thanks / Like
    Take your most comfortable shoes/sandals that you have. You're gonna be on your feet a lot! Comfort over fashion

Post Thanks / Like
    better get a move on missy! lol!!,I'm 40 days out and I'm scrounging around for shorts and capris and shoes ect! Every time I turn around DS out grows his running shoes,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 194643
    better get a move on missy! lol!!,I'm 40 days out and I'm scrounging around for shorts and capris and shoes ect! Every time I turn around DS out grows his running shoes,
    yep both my boys need to shrink a little lol. we have all been trying on our old summer clothes, so now at least i know what i need to buy.
    do you reccomend jumpers etc for the evenings?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, at night in the park it can get a little breezy sometimes! I always make sure to pack 2 sweaters or hoodies for night time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shhhhh. It'll be fine. One step at a time. Get out the cases. Open them for a breath of fresh air. I like to tuck some dryer sheets in them to freshen them up a bit. I stick some in the shoes too, just for extra insurance.

Now... see how easy that was?

Take stock of your clothes. Bring only the most comfortable things you have. Nothing itchy, or scratchy, or tight, or that rides up funny. ;)

Now, if you need some new things buy a few. Make sure they fit loosely, and are made of a breatheable fabric (cotton, linen if it's not too itchy, silk... blends).

Shoes must be dead comfortable, and even then be sure to have some good socks if you wear them. If you don't, pick up some moleskin (even if you do wear socks, moleskin comes in handy).

Have the kids start planning what they want to do in each park. That will give them something to do and keep them out of your hair.

Now. Big breath, eh? Innnnnnnnn through the nose, ooouuuuuuuuuut through the mouth.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I always over pack, it's like a sickness!!You would think I was going for weeks! Maybe I really need 3 tops for every pair of shorts or capris lol! ( or 6 pairs of sandals to wear plus 2 sneakers....)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 195074
    Shhhhh. It'll be fine. One step at a time. Get out the cases. Open them for a breath of fresh air. I like to tuck some dryer sheets in them to freshen them up a bit. I stick some in the shoes too, just for extra insurance.

Now... see how easy that was?

Take stock of your clothes. Bring only the most comfortable things you have. Nothing itchy, or scratchy, or tight, or that rides up funny. ;)

Now, if you need some new things buy a few. Make sure they fit loosely, and are made of a breatheable fabric (cotton, linen if it's not too itchy, silk... blends).

Shoes must be dead comfortable, and even then be sure to have some good socks if you wear them. If you don't, pick up some moleskin (even if you do wear socks, moleskin comes in handy).

Have the kids start planning what they want to do in each park. That will give them something to do and keep them out of your hair.

Now. Big breath, eh? Innnnnnnnn through the nose, ooouuuuuuuuuut through the mouth.
    oh tink, that was fabulous i feel so calm and in control now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast