Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need to quit

Post Thanks / Like
    What is Peeps?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 194827
    What is Peeps?
    see previous thread, about this time last year!

http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/chi...se-called.html

Post Thanks / Like
    They are sugar coated marshmallows made to look like chicks, or bunnies (for easter) and other shapes for other holidays. I don't like marshmallow, so I think they are icky. Loads of people love them though.

I can't imagine spending that kind of money on cigarettes! Instant raise if you quit!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 194838
    Instant raise if you quit!
    That`s just the incentive I need Tink.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the mistakes I made in an early attempt to quit (and yes, I was a very heavy smoker) was not keeping a visual of the money I wasn't spending on cigarettes.

Putting the actual physical money in a clear glass container and seeing it grow every day is a very powerful motivator!

My last attempt to quit (nine years ago ) was successful! :9: I used the visual, patches early on, and a very powerful emotional motivator. I "dedicated" my quitting to Herself's Da who we lost 9 years ago. I could hardly go back and light up now, could I?

That's what finally worked for me. Mind where you place those patches though!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 194792
    Never tried them!
    Like eating sqishy sweet styrofoam!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Apt description. Nasty things, aren't they?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been off those darn things for 1o weeks today(i don't mean peeps)
    I gave up on Jan 4th as it was Lily's 10th birthday and started re smoking just after she was born. Having not smoked for 6 years.
    My motivation is , l want to bring my daughters up. Yes l have a son and a great husband but I want to be there through my girls teenage years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, have you ever had homemade marshmallow? Coated in dark chocolate, Mmmm, so good! Next Christmas I'll send you some! Equally good to pop in hot chocolate!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can do this Siobhan!! Ten weeks is a huge head start! It's just a matter of forcing a change in associations now. I know I had to change EVERYTHING I did that was connected to smoking... took a bit to root out all the triggers, but when I did, I squished them quite satisfactorily.

Just come here and holler for help if you need any!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast