Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need to quit

Post Thanks / Like
    What is Peeps?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 194827
    What is Peeps?
    see previous thread, about this time last year!

http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/chi...se-called.html

Post Thanks / Like
    They are sugar coated marshmallows made to look like chicks, or bunnies (for easter) and other shapes for other holidays. I don't like marshmallow, so I think they are icky. Loads of people love them though.

I can't imagine spending that kind of money on cigarettes! Instant raise if you quit!
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 194838
    Instant raise if you quit!
    That`s just the incentive I need Tink.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the mistakes I made in an early attempt to quit (and yes, I was a very heavy smoker) was not keeping a visual of the money I wasn't spending on cigarettes.

Putting the actual physical money in a clear glass container and seeing it grow every day is a very powerful motivator!

My last attempt to quit (nine years ago ) was successful! :9: I used the visual, patches early on, and a very powerful emotional motivator. I "dedicated" my quitting to Herself's Da who we lost 9 years ago. I could hardly go back and light up now, could I?

That's what finally worked for me. Mind where you place those patches though!
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 194792
    Never tried them!
    Like eating sqishy sweet styrofoam!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Apt description. Nasty things, aren't they?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been off those darn things for 1o weeks today(i don't mean peeps)
    I gave up on Jan 4th as it was Lily's 10th birthday and started re smoking just after she was born. Having not smoked for 6 years.
    My motivation is , l want to bring my daughters up. Yes l have a son and a great husband but I want to be there through my girls teenage years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, have you ever had homemade marshmallow? Coated in dark chocolate, Mmmm, so good! Next Christmas I'll send you some! Equally good to pop in hot chocolate!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can do this Siobhan!! Ten weeks is a huge head start! It's just a matter of forcing a change in associations now. I know I had to change EVERYTHING I did that was connected to smoking... took a bit to root out all the triggers, but when I did, I squished them quite satisfactorily.

Just come here and holler for help if you need any!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast