Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gwen's Trip April '10

Post Thanks / Like
    Mom decided she would like to go to Epcot when she and dad come down since the weather was so crummy when they were here in January.

I booked a room at All-Star Music. I've only stayed there once and barely got to see the resort. I got the room for $68.50. Pretty good deal, right? It's nice being a Passholder.

I FINALLY got a reservation at Le Cellier. I've been wanting to eat there for SO LONG! I can't believe they actually had a noon slot open. I'm super-stoked to eat there and I hope we have the best lunch EVER!

I promise to do a trip report and will probably send some MOTM pics when we're at the park!
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, the room was $68.25 and then $77.13 after taxes. Still a great deal!
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gwennie81, post: 194777
    I promise to do a trip report and will probably send some MOTM pics when we're at the park!
    ooo yes please !!!

That's a great rate in anyones book and with a le cellier meal as well you can't go far wrong :)

As much as I enjoy the Magic Kingdom, it doesn't truly feel like I'm REALLY at Disney until I've been to EPCOT And watched illuminations
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Woohoo!! That *is* a great deal! Well done!

Can't wait to hear what you think of Le Cellier!

Post Thanks / Like
    We've not dined at Le Cellier in ages. It will be interesting to read your review. I always enjoy your commentary on the food items you've tried at any given vist.

That is a great rate for a hotel room on Disney property! Enjoy!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    So now...a couple of my friends want to go to Magic Kingdom on Saturday! So, now it's kind of a 2-day trip. I don't know how I'm going to survive! I hope K & D don't want to stay super-long on Sat. but I'm sure they'll want to see the fireworks. They volunteered and got free passes and they're burning a hole in their pockets. Plus, they wanted to go before it gets too hot down here (I agree).
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to hear about the restaurant. I have yet to eat there, but have wanted to badly. I don't care if it's a 100 outside, I would love to try the soup.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only time I've ever tried a steak while in Florida has been at Le Cellier....this is now what I have each visit to the restaurant.

The soup I found delicious too

Oh, and the breadsticks are very tasty too!

I'm hungry!!

Post Thanks / Like
    brilliant!!! please please send some MOTM photos :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say, #1, I tried the soup at the Food & Wine Fest last fall and really wasn't all that impressed. Maybe because it was just a little cup and not specially dished out but...Campbell's cheese soup out of the can with a shake of tabasco is what it tasted like to me.

HOWEVER! The chicken sausage w/ polenta and the maple glazed salmon with lentils were TO DIE FOR!

PS> You want good steak in FL, cooked to order CORRECTLY?...Come on over to the Port Orange Steakhouse. Best steak I've had outside of Kansas, the beef state!
    Gwen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast