Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 194923
    No, I'm a twitcher, don't stop with the birds - I love them

Please, please don't stop

Sandra
    OK no problem - gutting thing was i *just* missed a kingfisher

Post Thanks / Like
    These are fantastic. REALLY good! My favourites are;

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Josh - I like the water drips on the last one - the long tailed tits are my favourite just because they were so much of a challenge as they are tiny and they moved so flippin quick

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!!!! Truly amazing quality!!! Great photos.
    I daren't show DH or we will need a second mortgage for new camera lenses!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh please don't stop taking and sharing your photos! Herself and I love birds and your's are simply beautiful. We don't get the opportunity to see the pretty tits, at all! The long tailed one is particularly nice, but the blue is great too. Heck, we like them all.

What an angelic pose for Matthew. He really is such a beautiful child. (Don't tell him I said that. Boys are funny about being called beautiful sometimes).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 194924
    OK no problem - gutting thing was i *just* missed a kingfisher

When we went to Devon about 7 years we hired a cottage by a stream and it was my mission to see a kingfisher so I sat by that stream for hours most days and finally I spotted one. I didn't get a photo but just had to see one.

I also spotted a Dipper which I didn't recognise until I went through my bird book and identified it.

Last year we went to Harry P Leu Gardens and whilst I was standing quietly in the nature garden I saw 2 - yes 2 hummingbirds - well I cried like a baby as it was so unexpected, it has been my lifes dream to see a hummingbird in natural habitat.

I didn't have a camera so Jai has promised we can go back this holiday to see if we can spot them again and we'll have video and camera

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see us becoming twitchers , we have already bought a book on the birds of Eastern Africa :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Arkvilla, you should see more hummingbirds there! They plant the gardens to attract them.

There are LOADS of kingfisher in the Fort Myers area. We used to see them there all the time. They are one of our most favorite little birds. (If we are both referring to the same bird... never too sure about names across countries).

I saw one on my drive over Alligator Alley a couple of weeks ago. I was hoping to see more as we don't get them up here in Central Florida often, but was happy with seeing one.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, meant to say we saw Cedar Waxwings at Disney a bit ago. Couldn't get a decent shot with the camera phones so went back the next day and they were gone.

They were feeding on a tree that had dark blue berries. There were still berries left on the tree, but no birds. :(

Maybe next year...

Post Thanks / Like
    Some beautiful bird pictures there Skywatcher. Might I ask what the Arundel WWT is?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast