Thread: Would you reccomend disney Cali for a 'non-disney' person?

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you reccomend it for someone whos not into the disney thing but does like theme parks? My friend loves the sound of florida ect, and is visiting cali, but doesnt 'do' disney per-se. He groaned through toy story

Would you reccomend that he goes there? is there many thrill rides there? and, can you do the downtown disney without a pass there?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, DL/CA is much smaller than WDW. Depending on the time of year and crowds, a non-Disney person probably could do the parks in one day each and hit the high points.

DTD is located between the two parks. It's free, but you have to pay for parking. Shopping was more limited than at WDW, but it felt like there were more clubs or club-like restaurants than at DTD in WDW.

DL has Splash and Space Mountain (many consider Space Mountain at DL to be superior to the one at WDW), BTMRR and the original thrill ride-The Matterhorn. Well, compared to the rides today, not so thrilling, but it was when it was introduced!

CA has California Screamin', ToT (a bit different than at WDW) and a couple of lesser thrill-type rides. Also, the original Soarin' over California. And the Main Street Electrical Parade--if they haven't moved it to another park again!

Psycho Alice has been there more than I have in recent years. She should be a better source of information when she shows up. And BevW. Between them, all of your questions should be answered!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think your friend might like California Adventure. The MK there is a bit of a combination of all the WDW parks (save AK). IT's Disney, but not the overarching Disney of WDW.

There is Knott's Berry Farm, and Universal Studios in the general area too.

I

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Knott's Berry Farm isn't far from DL/CA, but Universal Studios is a good hour plus--depending on traffic--from Anaheim. It took us two hours to drive from Leu & Grandpa Sweetie's house (near Burbank airport) to DL/CA at 1:00 in the afternoon on a weekday in July. It used to take less than one hour!

But your friend might prefer City Walk at Universal to DTD at DL/CA. I haven't been there in a gazillion years, so have no idea what is there now. They were just beginning to develop it seriously when I moved away *ahem* 30 years a go.

Post Thanks / Like
    umm I really dont think that DLC would not be a better choice...just because its smaller...but I think there is more to do in California in general...sorry folks...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!