Thread: small camera but as good as a big one?

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to go mad next time with but I dont want one of the big ones so is there any way to get a tiny camera which takes really great photos and perhaps even changes lenses ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the smallest you're looking at is the Lumix G1 'crossover' camera It's a mini DSLR.

I know it seems like a big problem to carry round a DSLR but it's really not You have the neck strap and I just wear that over my shoulder and carry my camera round with me
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    ACTUALLY almost right but they do a smaller version called the GF1 which is the size of a compact, takes DSLR lenses and has the same sensor as a G1. It's very small and has the same image quality.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    what about going for one of the canon powershots. I have one and it's amazing what you can do with it. Got some amazing photos with it

Canon PowerShot Digital Compact Camera - Canon UK

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 195955
    what about going for one of the canon powershots. I have one and it's amazing what you can do with it. Got some amazing photos with it

Canon PowerShot Digital Compact Camera - Canon UK
    thats so neat but will it take as good photos as the big ones?

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the Hong Kong delegates from the exchange I went on had that one and it's brilliant. She did upgrade to a DSLR though and much prefers it.

I'd seriously reccomend a DSLR
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvthemansion, post: 196134
    thats so neat but will it take as good photos as the big ones?
    well you will have less flexibility in terms of not being able to put other lenses on it and for the same price as some of the powershots you can get one of the lower end dslrs and start building up a lens collection. It depends what you want to do really - they are more compact though. The one we have can go in a case on a belt so easy to carry, i will be taking that and my dslr to WDW next year- the dslr to get some arty shots on non busy days and the powershot as my everyday snaps.

Keith, help me out here ...