Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tornado in Polk County

Post Thanks / Like
    Haines City to be precise. A condominium has sustained severe damage with about 50 people needing to be evacuated.

Only one person sent to hospital though, and that is a good thing.

There was severe weather in Ocala (where I am) yesterday and more forecast today. Tornadic like activity.

For those who have villas here, you may want to check with your managment companies to be sure the severe weather did no damage.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    oh my that is scary, is that unusual?

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, not so unusual. We've had a long, cold (for Florida) rainy winter. Now, with the advent of spring we are seeing a rapid moving in of severe weather.

I'm afraid it's a sign of the way things are going to go for awhile. Miserable weather.

NOT good days for park touring. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep safe Tink.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. Have to drive home today, and that will be a bit icky with strong storms, but I'm rather used to that.

I'm careful. Drive too much not to be!

I just feel really bad for those folks who are here now for spring break. It's weather that really keeps you out of the parks. No poncho or umbrella is going to stand up to these kinds of high winds, and driving downpour. A rain suit would help, but still there isn't much fun slogging around encased in plastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe journey home Tink
    I know I'd hate to be driving in such bad conditions.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's awful Sister Tink, my good friend left Wednesday morning on the train for her very first vacation in that area. She is traveling to Citrus Springs which is near Ocala. Be careful driving please. How long is it supposed to last?

Post Thanks / Like
    The bad weather? Not positive, but at least through today. It's miserable. :(

Heavy to drizzling rain... complete gray skies... I really am over the bad weather.

A friend of ours lives in the same condo complex (JUST MOVED THERE) that was struck by the tornado. His condo building wasn't hit, but still!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about the awful weather you guys are having over there, think everything is mixed up these days, we have had the coldest winter here for years!

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally missed this! I hope the weather is improving! Those FL storms can be absolutely horrible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast