Thread: that nagging feeling

Post Thanks / Like
    ive planned and over planned and planned again for the hol and have my itinary pretty much down but i have that nagging feeling ive forgotten something important . . . .does everybody get that feeling or have i really forgotten something ?
    charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly think everyone gets that feeling.

Every single time I leave my house (and remember, I travel weekly) I think I've forgotten something.

I've learned to pause a second and review in my mind the critically important things I MUST have to function. Then I tell myself to get on with it; if I've forgotten something I'll deal without it, or buy it.

Keeps me sane (and moving)!

So, I'll be it's the same with you. All the important things are done and not forgotten. If you forget to pack the sunscreen or the lipbalm, no matter. They sell it here. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont plan an itinery, we just do what we want when we want and always works for us not being tied to ADR's etc :)
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    My problem is that I overpack and still end up forgetting something for someone!!! Really, how much does everyone else pack? Say if your going for 8 days how many pairs of shorts, jeans, capris, tops ect do you really pack? What about jackets or hoodies or even worse shoes?

Post Thanks / Like
    8 days? Presume swimming weather???

One swim suit
    lingerie for 8 days ;)
    8 tops
    4 bottoms
    sneakers
    tevas
    one pair basic shoes
    one jacket
    sleeping clothes

That's it. Well, clothes wise...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I've learned to streamline my clothing with all the traveling I do. I actually set out the outfit I'm going to wear for each day and go from there. I mix and match as much as possible and can get away with two wearings of trousers (shorts/capris) usually.

HOWEVER if it's dead summer and wicked hot and sticky, I'm going to want fresh clothing each day, and sometimes a second top... depending. So it does get messy fast, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just keep telling my self that I can buy almost anything I need in the US if I were to forget to pack any items, just so long as I have the essentials like tickets, ccs and passports.
    That can`t be said for many of the countries I`ve visited though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 196193
    I've learned to streamline my clothing with all the traveling I do. I actually set out the outfit I'm going to wear for each day and go from there. I mix and match as much as possible and can get away with two wearings of trousers (shorts/capris) usually.

HOWEVER if it's dead summer and wicked hot and sticky, I'm going to want fresh clothing each day, and sometimes a second top... depending. So it does get messy fast, eh?
    See that's where I go wrong, I start out the same way, lay out everything on our bed an outfit per day, then it all goes horribly wrong lol! I think to myself, what if its cool, you may need a long sleeved top, or if it's too hot you may need a tank or a second outfit for dinner, then if I change I may need different color shoes or sandals to go with said outfit. Brother, I don't think that much about clothes when I'm home, why does traveling out of our little realm make me go

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh Tink, I see you wear Tevas, they have them on sale right now in Famous Footwear in their clearance section for $15.))!!!!