Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Planning a beach trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of going to WDW this Aug, I decided we'd stay close by and go to the beach. Virginia Beach is less than 100 miles away so it's good. We go there pretty frequently so I know there is lots to do. I thought we'd go over Labor Day weekend. Do you know it seems to be cheaper to go to WDW for a week than to the beach for a 4 day weekend????

I then started looking at Ocean City, MD b/c they are advertising that we need to see their part of the ocean since it will be all gone in a million years Just as expensive!

Argh.....

And I have no desire to go to any of the beaches in North Carolina b/c everyone from here goes there. Also, they don't have a lot to do and I could handle that for about a day.....

I'm still working on this trip......but I can't find a deal at all!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that amazing? We've looked into beach stays too, and they are pretty expensive. What's up with that? It used to be one of the most inexpensive vacations. :sigh;

You know? I know it would mean airfare, but there are still some wonderful places on the coast in Maine.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never been to Maine. I think we're going to stay within driving distance though.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to go visit the coast of Maine, maybe scoop out a possible future house.

We used to go to VA beach when we lived there, my dad was stationed at the local base. I was little, but remember coming back home with sand in my swimsuit, still not sure how that happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live right on the coast and have loads of beaches nearby.

Free accomodation too

Post Thanks / Like
    foreverducky (and Johnie! It's really not that far to drive) if you want to visit the Maine coast don't stop until you hit Portland. North of Portland is where the real Maine seacoast starts. I love Belfast. It's a beautiful little town. My old hometown of Rockland is nice too, and has a true working port. It's the sight of the Maine Lobster Festival (August) too.

If you ever do get to Portland, be sure to have breakfast at Becky's down on Commercial. It's right near the commercial section and Old Port. She's an incredible woman, that Becky.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    DizneyBlonde, you are so very lucky! I love the sea and miss living by it very much! You are also incredibly brave! We could all herd to your home one of these summers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 11992
    foreverducky (and Johnie! It's really not that far to drive) if you want to visit the Maine coast don't stop until you hit Portland. North of Portland is where the real Maine seacoast starts. I love Belfast. It's a beautiful little town. My old hometown of Rockland is nice too, and has a true working port. It's the sight of the Maine Lobster Festival (August) too.

If you ever do get to Portland, be sure to have breakfast at Becky's down on Commercial. It's right near the commercial section and Old Port. She's an incredible woman, that Becky.
    When I finally get to settle up there, I would love your advice on where to settle down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohhhhh, no problem! You KNOW I love giving advice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, but I know that it will come from a good place, so I'll be willing to listen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast