Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you kind stranger

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to share with everyone what happened yesterday. I had to go to the city for a conference yesterday. Now to do this I took the train. Foreverducky was not driving in Chicago traffic!

Now keep in mind that there are two, count them 1, 2 stops in my city. I will not bore you about the conference, but after it was over I hopped on the train with peer (her stop was a few cities over from mine). I was thinking that surely the train would stop at my station. I couldn't have been more wrong in my thinking.

As I am standing, waiting for my stop, as it should be next, I am informed by 3 guys and this older lady that nope, I was not correct in my thinking. I was freaking out. It was at this time, that I literally saw my van pass me by!

Then this older lady says to me that she would drive me back to my car from the other station in my city (her stop). I was so thankful and kept telling her so! God was watching over me.

Post Thanks / Like
    that was such a kind thing to do xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh bless her!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know. After the long day I had, I was shocked and it warmed my heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love stories like this.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too Johnie, we always hear about the bad things so I wanted to make sure that I shared this positive experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    can I own up to being nice to a couple of people recently....just for a change, you know!

Both were at the cemetery while i was with Sarah.

The first one was the mother who was visitng her 26yr old daughter next door but one to Sarah. we were talking, as you do, and she was so sad that day. We had a good long chat about stuff and when i was going I gave her a hug. She said in a little voice 'thank you'.....

The 2nd was a lady who arrived at the cemetery to see her partner who was recently buried. We got chatting, she had a most sorry tale to tell and i felt really bad for her. We chatted like we'd known each other for sometime, but we'd only just met. It was a dreadfully cold day and she had walked up there so i asked where she lived, it was a long walk back and was only very slightly out of my way so i took her home, she was so pleased.

Now I didn't do it for any reason other than those ladies needed someone on those particular days, and knowing how that feels I could be that someone as I was the one that was there.

But not only did I help them, they also helped me. I'd been feeling pretty bad and helping them made me feel good about myself those days.

So you never know FD, that lady helping you may have brightened her day a little too.

Post Thanks / Like
    That was such a nice thing for the lady to do Billie, it's good to know there are still some kind folk left in this world.

Mairead

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done to your kind stranger Ducky and also to you Mairead for your kindness to these two ladies.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    These two stories sure help to renew ones faith in humanity.
    Sadly there are fewer and fewer such caring folks around nowadays.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast