Thread: printer recommendation

Post Thanks / Like
    can anyone recommend a reasonably priced printer/fax/copier please

i'm about to throw ours out the window!

Post Thanks / Like
    not reasonable but I love our canon mp980

its completely wirelessly linked to all the computers and devices in the house so it sits in the spare room and doesnt have to be stuffed under the PC

Photos are superbly printed and it has a cheapish large black so you can do docs easily enough as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 197548
    not reasonable but I love our canon mp980
    yep, Canon are great although the cheaper they are, the more expensive on the ink. Although of course you can use third party inks to get around it. I always feel that paying a bit more for the printer in the first place is worth it.

The other one to mention is Kodak. They've messed up big time in the transition from film to digital and they know it. They've upped their game and have a huge mission to rejuvenate their company by producing printers which use less ink and cheaper ink saving an incredible amount per year if you use it a decent amount. In any case, given the stupid cost of ink these days, they're to be applauded for this attempt I think

HP lost me as an inkjet customer when they got so wound up trying to force us all to buy their expensive inks that a cartridge I'd bought but not used more than twice, stopped working with an error message of "cartridge out of date". They had put in an actual artificial "stop working on..." date into all the cartridges no matter how they'd been used with no easy way to bypass it and say no thanks, I'll take the chance. Never again HP, I've got a Lonnnnnng memory for being scammed
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    HP is what we've got at the moment and it's awful. Completely fed up with it. I have a small - up to 7x5 photo printer so i will keep that. Just want something that if i'm printing a document will do the job! will have a look at the options. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    all i bought for the school were hp's and never had a single problem with them never had that error message but i did hear about it on all in ones, never bught any of those as im not a fan of them at all. i always got refilled carts and they worked a treat. now we rent all printers, all lasers mainly mono and 5 colours all kyocera and they are better i must admit. for a smallish mono laser hp's are great :)
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I reckon a school would use the ink much more quickly than most home-users anyway so they wouldn't get that message.

I've had it too and it's annoying. The cartridge still had enough to leak all over my hand when I removed it, but apparently not enough to print!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's another nod for Canon. I have a Canon MP530 and it's fabulous; however, mine is corded. I love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    canon never HP

epson are good but the inkheads clog up

Post Thanks / Like
    I did have an hp for a few years and it was good, but it finally gave out. That's when I went for the canon. I feel that it is much better.