Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Wonder

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom for President!! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my letter telling us to expect the census form the day after I had already filled it in and mailed it off

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 198123
    Tom for President!! :D
    Never!

Tom (... who doesn't need the additional grief!)

Post Thanks / Like
    The same thing happened to us when we replaced our furnace...we were eligible for a federal rebate, so we filled out the paper work and sent it in.

After two weeks, we received a letter saying our paper work had been received and would be processed in the next two weeks.

A week later we received a letter saying our paper work had been processed, our rebate had been approved and our check was on it's way.

Two weeks later we received a check.

A week later we received a letter saying that we should have received our check.

Fantastic.

I felt like I should probably use the rebate to plant some trees given the number they'd probably just killed.

Post Thanks / Like
    We just received a post card telling us to that responding to the census was a matter of law...

Do we look like criminals? Will they arrest us if we don't return our census? How will they know if we don't return our census? Am I going to be arrested for defacing a census envelope when I slap my hot pink "Queer the Census" label on it? Is there a time limit between when you get the actual census and the time you return it? (Not the deadline date, a TIME limit)?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 198191
    We just received a post card telling us to that responding to the census was a matter of law...

Do we look like criminals? Will they arrest us if we don't return our census? How will they know if we don't return our census? Am I going to be arrested for defacing a census envelope when I slap my hot pink "Queer the Census" label on it? Is there a time limit between when you get the actual census and the time you return it? (Not the deadline date, a TIME limit)?

Probably won't get arrested or anything but I'm sure they'll spend Hundreds of thousands (million?) of $$$ putting together teams to go around door to door to those who didn't respond.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Rats! I still need to fill mine out...it's been sitting on the table. And yes, I have received the lovely postcard telling me to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    We're going to let Harley fill ours out.

Post Thanks / Like
    it does seem totally frivolous...

plus... damaging to the environment,..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 198389
    We're going to let Harley fill ours out.
    I tried to give it to Arthur, but he said no way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast